Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

sKeith wrote: »
    Is killing the same old lady twice really counted as killing two old ladies?
    I'd even let him off for the first time, due to weirdness levels, and ekbard awoke buried alive in same old ladies coffin, and she new of the judge and didn't warn goodie.

ehh, clayton was all goodie and his exploding arrows, nothing to do with ekbard.

Yeah I killed all the innocent people

Necrominus wrote: »
    Oh. My. God. We need to make this happen:D

In sligo in my shed I have swords and beer and swords and two drones and its heated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Tigger wrote: »
    In sligo in my shed I have swords and beer and swords and two drones and its heated
    But can you make a good martini?

Dublin/Sligo/Anywhere transport available to others if required. I have travel sweets.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Fourier wrote: »
    Cool! If you'd like a hex map let me know if it is any help. What's Talún like?

Yeah I might do one up, everything is hand written at the minute but I'll be making digital versions of most everything after a while. Cheers for the offer!

It's highly magical, late medieval for the most part. Most of the world is unsettled, including the expanse Crann Gael Woods to the east, and it's rumoured fey connections, to the highest peaks in the east, where rumours of the cult of Draconos are aplenty, among the trading towns of the dwarves.

Last night went really well, the lads met Saeros, an elven dragonhunter, picked up some bomb arrows, mutilated themselves in an offering to Gruumish and promptly got arrested. Wrapped the session up when they ran into an enraged wizard thry happened to rob a few sessions ago.

OldGoat wrote: »
    But can you make a good martini?

Dublin/Sligo/Anywhere transport available to others if required. I have travel sweets.

:) donno
    I can make gin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I can make gin

Gin is all you need sure

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

I'm off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I can make gin
    Gin is all you need sure
    I should have emphasised "GOOD" martini. Bathtub gin does not a good martini make. I'll bring my own. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

HalfLing Master is a class from Gazeteer #8 (1988)

Thornspear
    Level: 1
    Range: Touch
    Duration: 2 rounds
    Effect: Creates a temporary weapon
    With this spell, a Master creates a shimmering, spear-shaped thorn or splinter of force, which can be wielded or thrown (normal 'to hit' chances apply) as a spear is wielded. It will vanish into nothingness at the end of two rounds, whether it has been used. It is solid and can be used by any creature. Its thrusting strike does 2-12 points of damage, and can pierce armor, stone, stout wood, and other normally impervious objects.

Radiance
    Level: 1
    Range: 140'
    Duration: 6 turns
    Effect: controls light intensity in a 40'
    diameter sphere
    This spell, once cast, continues despite the departure, slumber or unconsciousness, or subsequent spellcasting of the Master casting it. It can be ended by a dispel magic or by the will of the caster, who can continue to manipulate light within the spell's area of effect after breaking off
    concentration to perform other activities, or continually alter conditions throughout the spell duration. The spell enables the Master to change the existing light level within its sphere of effect; to total darkness, to blinding light, or at any level in between. The light can be changed as often as the Master desires and can blind or stun creatures into a round of inactivity and 'to hit' penalties of up to —3 when blinded, and conceal or reveal things clearly. Creatures with infravision cannot be confused by such light alterations; they will still be able to detect the positions of other creatures. Radiance created by this spell can be as strong as sunlight or of any hue and intensity desired.

Denial:
    Roll a d20 and add 2*(WIS + INT)

< 30 denial fails
    30-35 effect robbed of either 1 round of duration or 1 die of damage
    36-39 effect diverted 10'-30' in random direction, or robbed of 2 dice of damage, depending on what the halfling using denial was attempting
    40-45 effect diverted 3O'-7O' away from target, or robbed of 3 dice of damage, depending upon the intent of the denying halfling
    46-49 effect robbed of all but token effect (mainly visual); maximum possible damage dealt to all targets is 2 hit points
    50-53 effect negated completely; charges still used, spells still lost
    > 53 effect hurled back upon caster, for full effect

I'm off. There have been a few things over the last few days that have made me question the time I'm giving this. I'm not saying I'm stopping, but I need to think about it.

• Advertisement

Othegre's fall yesterday had me looking for funny rules. One I found is that some Monsters can see in the dark. However you cannot hire NPCs who see in the dark. But some Monsters are on both the see in the dark list and the hiring list. Officially, they apparently lose the ability when hired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Othegre's fall yesterday had me looking for funny rules. One I found is that some Monsters can see in the dark. However you cannot hire NPCs who see in the dark. But some Monsters are on both the see in the dark list and the hiring list. Officially, they apparently lose the ability when hired.

Is infravision different than 'see in the dark'?

Reason I ask is mud was a hired NPC, a dwarf with infravision. So, statement "However you cannot hire NPCs who see in the dark." does not seem to track, unless infravision is not 'see in the dark'.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So... this water walking ring. Bandy can basically walk across the sea now whilst wearing it? Love it.

It's different. In later rules they are conflated, or rather they got rid of infravision so dwarves only "see in the dark" in later editions.

Necrominus wrote: »
    So... this water walking ring. Bandy can basically walk across the sea now whilst wearing it? Love it.
    Yes, I'll get the full rules later.

Yes, I'll get the full rules later.
    Great, I'm interested in finding out whether the walker is stationary to the riverbed or stationary to the water. So, walking on a fast flowing river you would be moving at the speed of the river, like a travelator.

sKeith wrote: »
    Great, I'm interested in finding out whether the walker is stationary to the riverbed or stationary to the water. So, walking on a fast flowing river you would be moving at the speed of the river, like a travelator.

Hee hee. Only one way to find out. If I only I had a helm that could teleport me...:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Bandylegs can literally walk on water and depending on XP for that last encounter, raise the dead. And somewhere around the 4th level of cleric spelldom he achieved the ability to create food and water - fish sandwiches all round. He is the 2nd coming.

Good news! If he can bend Citra to his will he'll also be fulfilling the promise of some of the apocryphal gospels by taming a dragon! Forcing people who bump into him in the street to wither, die and bear no fruit can't be far behind!

Banjo wrote: »
    Bandylegs can literally walk on water and depending on XP for that last encounter, raise the dead. And somewhere around the 4th level of cleric spelldom he achieved the ability to create food and water - fish sandwiches all round. He is the 2nd coming.

Good news! If he can bend Citra to his will he'll also be fulfilling the promise of some of the apocryphal gospels by taming a dragon! Forcing people who bump into him in the street to wither, die and bear no fruit can't be far behind!

More Bandy/Citra innuendo... or should that be... in-her-endo

Hey Hey!!!

.....I'll get my coat:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

A relationship between Citra and Bandy? It's a pity that there may have been a same sex, cross species affair between Citra and Xanthea at one point, and that's not mentioning what we got up to with Duncan.

Of course, Xanthea never told you that part of her history.

• Advertisement

A relationship between Citra and Bandy
    Implied via Othegre's song.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Okay. I'm only starting to catch up after my travels.

Implied via Othegre's song.

Yeah, sure... that's what I meant :pac::pac:

Okay. I'm only starting to catch up after my travels.

Re rolling a new character in 5...4...3...2...

Come join Bandy and Citra in the se.... UnderDark Dungeon:D

Suggestion :
    To ease the strain of having to DM for 6 separate story threads which at any moment could go hideously awry and spiral off in directions that haven't been written into existence yet, I propose the following :
    DM paused until (at least) Saturday.
    Everyone has until then to write as much as they possibly can to get themselves to an agreed meeting point in a pre-agreed number of game days by any means they choose.
    Based on the events that transpire and the means chosen, and the number of game rules bent, broken or ignored in the process, whether it's ignoring encounter rolls or finding a rocket-cycle under a bush or finding that scorpion venom turns you into Banethegre, each player character will be awarded a score which will be graded on a group and personal scale that Fourier can then use to visit much smiting upon us.

sKeith is obliged to map any hazard areas / dungeons that get described in this process and publish his work.

By the weekend then, at least you're back to only having to worry about 1 area at a time; take some time to enjoy torturing the characters a little and then we can look at how, when and how often we move forward as a group?

Banjo wrote: »
    Suggestion :

sKeith is obliged to map any hazard areas / dungeons that get described in this process and publish his work.

Here's a sneak peek.

439799.png

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm away for the next few nights so if you need to make it work just drag Kal along with ye. I won't be back online till Sunday night at the earliest.

Just try not to kill him like ye did with Elin ok?

@Robyn - If you want a quick in, you could be a Zassanite who was recently poisoned with scorpion venom.
    On the plus side, you get straight into the action with a Scorpion fight and start with a +1 strength modifier for your first day.
    On the negative, the second you open your eyes Ash is going to bash your face in.
    But that's the cruel realities of old school D&D!

• Advertisement

Ekbard and BandyLegs tonight.

Advertisement