Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

They say time heals all wounds.

How's the neck today, Citra? Better?

Citra.....?

Bandy, what have you done!

In other news, I scored another old lady murder assist, and Dwayne got on the board. Those of you who haven't murdered an old lady in cold blood are starting to look awful suspicious....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You killed my mentor, my boss, my best friend.

Better avoid the afterlife for a while McGillicuddy!

Can't make any promises there :pac::pac:

And I didn't want to... she attacked me:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Necrominus wrote: »
    Um... no.

But Bandylegs in the other thread killed Citra...

Bandy No!!!! Citra was gonna be my dragon buddy!

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Bandy No!!!! Citra was gonna be my dragon buddy!

If you read back... I kinda had no choice. Even tried to stop the battle midflow :(:(:( She was my friend too:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

I'm on now, to thread in a moment.

• Advertisement

He forced her hand with his arrogance and inability to let things lie. Burnanate him! Its the only way!

Banjo wrote: »
    He forced her hand with his arrogance and inability to let things lie. Burnanate him! Its the only way!

Pfft. She committed genocide on innocent dwarves.

Can't make any promises there :pac::pac:

And I didn't want to... she attacked me:(:(
    I gave her a roll to calm her rage, unfortunately she failed! :(

Pfft. She committed genocide on innocent dwarves.

Not recently! She has lived a thousand lifetimes, and what life isn't littered with mistakes or regrets? On a long enough timeline, who amongst us won't commit genocide on dwarfs? We must be more than the sum of our worst parts, both in deed and evaluation.

Sleep well, you beautiful, dwarf murdering lizard!

Not recently! She has lived a thousand lifetimes, and what life isn't littered with mistakes or regrets? On a long enough timeline, who amongst us won't commit genocide on dwarfs? We must be more than the sum of our worst parts, both in deed and evaluation.

Sleep well, you beautiful, dwarf murdering lizard!

:pac::pac::pac: Once again, she attacked me, I didn't strike the first or even second blow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

You were told not to go into the western room. You were told MANY TIMES! You went anyway. And you did the one thing I had cautioned you against:

“Don’t get on the wrong side of the dragon!”

You did it, and got upset at her being upset with you.

And what’s with this being more judgemental than The Judge thing? That’ll come back to haunt ye, if I don’t do it myself.

You were told not to go into the western room. You were told MANY TIMES! You went anyway. And you did the one thing I had cautioned you against:

“Don’t get on the wrong side of the dragon!”

You did it, and got upset at her being upset with you.

And what’s with this being more judgemental than The Judge thing? That’ll come back to haunt ye, if I don’t do it myself.

Bandylegs power may have gone to his head a little bit. :pac:

Cthulhu sign up thread just posted.

Woohoo! The Divine Bumblebear is a thing!

Back in the game soon robyn :P

(To continue poking the bumblebear :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Woohoo! The Divine Bumblebear is a thing!
    yes. you have reigned a 60 foot yellow and black polar bear upon us, feel proud.. (hmm... dragvil..lol)

sKeith wrote: »
    yes. you have reigned a 60 foot yellow and black polar bear upon us, feel proud.. (hmm... dragvil..lol)

Just don’t go looking for the Divine Honey Mine (nobody has ever returned from searching for it)

Goodie you can do three of the first list and two from the second list each day.

Okay I have a way of getting BandyLegs to Zassan and have him Othegre, Goodie and Ekbard synced. Moy I can also do.

Flak and Kal, if you want to remain where you are no worries. If you'd prefer to be with the gang then I can be make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'd prefer to have the band back together but I still need to get some side quests and exp under my belt to level the field as it were. Being lvl 4 in the company of demigods would be a tad overwhelming. I'd feel like a camp follower.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

OldGoat wrote: »
    I'd prefer to have the band back together but I still need to get some side quests and exp under my belt to level the field as it were. Being lvl 4 in the company of demigods would be a tad overwhelming. I'd feel like a camp follower.

but a split of one of our adventures would levl 8 you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Tigger wrote: »
    but a split of one of our adventures would levl 8 you
    That kinda defeats the purpose of levelling up through doing quests. Might as well have had my character 'born' at lvl 8.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

100% agree. I'm a newbie Dragon. Gotta practice burning stuff first.

Fourier wrote:
    Okay I have a way of getting BandyLegs to Zassan and have him Othegre, Goodie and Ekbard synced. Moy I can also do.

I'm good with that. He has plans made for stopping in the Shire first then onwards to Zassan but we can accelerate that :)

That kinda defeats the purpose of levelling up through doing quests. Might as well have had my character 'born' at lvl 8.

While I completely understand where you're coming from
    • having started (the 2nd time after my first character went off in a huff) at a level below everyone else
    • then having my level reset back to 1,
    • and then getting separated from the group for a while and falling behind again by a massive amount,
    It's worth considering a couple of things.
    First - most of us made big big jumps in power between dungeons naturally, several levels at a time, due to some ingenious looting. The same thing will probably happen to you when you get out of there, and will again on your way to catch up. Unless you deliberately eschew loot.

Second, take it from a former vanilla cleric - as a magic user, you are *always* going to be tagging along with the group watching Ekbard dice the enemy while Goodie kebabs them from a distance and Bandylegs talks them to death. Right up until something happens where you are the reason that everyone isn't dead. And then you're back to tagging along. E.g. Moy in Clayton, with one quick spell, was the difference between a team wipe and a witch beat-down that registered a 9 on the Salem scale. And that time Flak made Professor Shiny Teeth an orphan right before his parents ate us all.

Third - You were "just tagging along" in Clayton, and in the Desert, and in the tomb with the lava room. I for one would feel safer to have you just tagging along.

I'm not going to encourage Molly to come along, because Othegre has very selfish reasons for wanting Kal back in the group and harms way >:)

(Edit : Having just been handed an overwhelming leap in power, which I earned myself by clubbing an 2 old defenseless women to death in their own homes, I can see why you might prefer a more gradual move up. I'm really struggling to get to grips with my new class. If you two end up in the Fire Dwarf Fortress when you get out of that house, there's always the option of hopping in the covered carriage with which I'm hoping to re-instate the trade route to Zassan when it comes back around, and plenty of scope for getting into trouble on the way there and exploring your abilities)

Second, take it from a former vanilla cleric - as a magic user, you are *always* going to be tagging along with the group watching Ekbard dice the enemy while Goodie kebabs them from a distance and Bandylegs talks them to death.

Hey! I resent that...

On second thoughts... :pac::pac::pac:

Bandylegs does a LOT of talking...

Wait just combining rolz and the actual threads, was I the only one sober last night? :pac:

Fourier wrote: »
    Wait just combining rolz and the actual threads, was I the only one sober last night? :pac:

I was certainly not sober, but I wasn't playing... so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »

I was sober as one of gym
    Thinks that bandyiness kilt

• Advertisement

If Molls/Kal and OG/Flak are happy continuing their own path that's cool by me. I'm probably the most guilty of attempting to hog the spotlight with Bandy, so if that's annoying folks I apologise. Bandy is planning on taking a backseat for the next while anyways and let others drive the story for now.

1 chapter left in Dwacatra for Bandy... but others first :)

Advertisement