Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If you'll read back I think you'll find the issue was not escalated by Bandylegs for once :P

And what political structure? :pac: We just pretty much annihilated the entire council and their military. Othegre should love it, it's kinda chaotic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Is there anything that can actually kill Bandy/Ekbard/Goodie at this point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Without a favourable/lucky roll, where is Fourier lists again, death ray, dehydration & exhaustion, hit from an alpha werewolf, landslide, etc... and whatever Fourier thinks up tomorrow. ( Fourier counted 7 times ekbard should be dead, so very mortal. )

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Is there anything that can actually kill Bandy/Ekbard/Goodie at this point?

Lol. Bandylegs has nearly died on at least 3 occasions I can recall.

Once when he cut off his own legs, once when The Butcher chopped off his arms and then almost death by a golden dragon crushing him. It's Othegre we should all be worried about btw....

Chaotic, immune to non-magic damage... and of course... the list of super secret powers that make people explode.

Edit: Oh. And he ACTUALLY died twice. Once by Xestes and once by Goodie exploding loads of magic that trapped Death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

So you're saying that if someone had an Alpha Wolf with Leech hands that shot death rays out of it's eye-stalks, that you'd all be pretty much up the creek?

Eeeenteresting.
    *rolls 1d4*

• Advertisement

As I said, Othegre is the crazy we need to fear. Let's keep her on side!

Necrominus wrote: »
    Lol. Bandylegs has nearly died on at least 3 occasions I can recall.

Once when he cut off his own legs, once when The Butcher chopped off his arms and then almost death by a golden dragon crushing him. It's Othegre we should all be worried about btw....

Chaotic, immune to non-magic damage... and of course... the list of super secret powers that make people explode.

Edit: Oh. And he ACTUALLY died twice. Once by Xestes and once by Goodie exploding loads of magic that trapped Death.

Don't forget the hole in the mountain, that would have killed ekbard only for the necklaces, hit bandy and hurt his legs a little.

Ah she's harmless.
    But she listens to Ash, so if I were you I'd keep Goggles onside and not, I dunno, spurn her advances or walk-of-shame her.
    But if you are going to do it, I would definitely get it done within the next 2 game months so she has time to get over it. Before things that are done can't be undone. Y'know?

As for Zassan's political structure, there's some sort of vampire lord heirarchy that can talk directly into O's brain, and there's not really room in there for another voice so I'm happy to move on to Dwacatra, then set sail for Neros / Osinzir (via a certain castle to whom I need to make some deliveries).

Banjo wrote: »
    Ah she's harmless.
    But she listens to Ash, so if I were you I'd keep Goggles onside and not, I dunno, spurn her advances or walk-of-shame her.
    But if you are going to do it, I would definitely get it done within the next 2 game months so she has time to get over it. Before things that are done can't be undone. Y'know?

As for Zassan's political structure, there's some sort of vampire lord heirarchy that can talk directly into O's brain, and there's not really room in there for another voice so I'm happy to move on to Dwacatra, then set sail for Neros / Osinzir (via a certain castle to whom I need to make some deliveries).

So essentially if Bandylegs hurts Ash we have a problem... well... balls.

You have a spider to buy and Goodie has a contract to complete first. Bandylegs wishes to know the problems regarding the city and as long as they don't belong in the SimCity category they might be of interest to us.

Dwacatra sounds tempting but Ekbard wants to go to Neros and Bandy will be going with him as promised.

And, of course Kal, Flak and Moy need to catch up with the rest of The Expendables.

I call Sly Stallone's role.

• Advertisement

The D&D Expendables

19fzhlzth9s86jpg.jpg

Tell the halfling to get his foot off Dwayne!

OK, I understand that as players it's important that Bandy take a back seat and let someone else have the limelight, but from a character perspective Neros and Osinzir are miles away by sea. Dwacatra is a short walk (for those with the right jewelry). I know it's a mega-dungeon and could swallow a tonne of time, but it feels like once we leave we won't be coming back in the short to medium term.

Also, is there a big enough hold on one of your ships for a giant spider? I get the feeling Kim's is small and full.

In the end, I'm happy (ish) to follow the group, and given that there have been lots of hints dropped that Othegre will have a chance to destroy the universe in the bowels of Dwacatra it's probably best I don't go there at all.
    (Worth noting, Bandy was put faoi geas to bring Othegre there. The Judge might be dead, but unless I've misunderstood how they work, as caster the Judge wasn't underwriting that geas. So I wouldn't be so sure that you're free of it, and I'd imagine anyone who's acting as guarantor for the Judge is going to give you a Citra-level punishment minimum if you try to break it. But if we chain you to the boat, and you spend every day trying to escape through every means at your disposal, I think the Geas expires after a number of days because you are physically incapable of complying)

(Edit : the wording in the manual says Geas functions the same as Quest. The only way to get rid of the curse it to finish the quest. But a Quest can be removed using a reverse Quest spell.
    Geas is reversible as a spell, so can be used to remove a geas, but we'd need a Magic User with access to level 6 spells (level 11, Level 9 if Flak fancies a nosebleed or a brain rupture) and sufficiently close enough to the Judge's level that they can remove it (5% penalty to success for every level below the Judge's. There's no suggestion that there's a penalty to the caster for failing to remove it.)

I'm good with going to Dwacatra next if other players are cool with it. Either way it will probably be the end of the Bandylegs show from what I've been told so it might be for the best.

Then I can move forward with a new character... hee hee. I have one in mind.

Well, how Goodie's assassination goes will be critical to what happens next, so we'll have to wait and see.

Funny you should mention new characters - there's a huge research and time-commitment component to my new role, and rather than have to sit out the game for game-weeks at a time (which could take real months or the blink of an eye depending on what happens) while I pull some amazing things out of some other amazing things, I'm thinking that Othegre would do the sensible thing and get a hireling to go out in the world and gather materials for her. And I have a couple of potential hirelings rolled. The random generator keeps giving me girls though, I think the universe is trying to tell me something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

If ye fear Othy that much you should have let me kill her when I had the chance.

That ship has long since sailed though. You’ve made your coffin, now sleep in it.

If ye fear Othy that much you should have let me kill her when I had the chance.

That ship has long since sailed though. You’ve made your coffin, now sleep in it.

:pac::pac: Bandylegs fears no one.

Except maybe Ash.

Maybe I was being too subtle when it happened, but Othy McGreddles is her Dwarf name, when she assumed Dwarf form in ZharrKazad to avoid getting lynched (as had happened in Dwarrowtown) by the locals. No one who likes having a standard number of limbs that all end in extremities rather than someone elses warped and twisted flesh calls her Othy. Just sayin'.

Sidebar: Playing that theme for FFX last night now has me itching to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Sorry lads haven't been able to follow this for a couple days, next few days aren't great but I'll get on when I can.

Am I in a new thread? Couldn't see myself in any of the Act 3 OPs

Sorry lads haven't been able to follow this for a couple days, next few days aren't great but I'll get on when I can.

Am I in a new thread? Couldn't see myself in any of the Act 3 OPs

Its in OP, see Poor district:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057835747

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Sorry for this, I'm not around tonight or tomorrow night and possibly Friday night. Normal service will resume Friday or Saturday.

No worries Four, take your time.

Banjo, you're up :pac:

No worries Four, take your time.

Banjo, you're up :pac:

?

As in today's my turn so ha ha sucks to be Banjo or you want me to somehow fill Fourier's size 15s?

I guess I could revive my Guantanamo Bay role playing game from another life on the Lionhead forums :
    Welcome to Camp Foxtrot - where the sun shines all day, the sodium pentathol flows all night and orange never goes out of style. Your host and willing servant for the duration of your stay will be General Coors - aw hell, call me Jeff.

The camp runs a comprehensive list of activities which we hope you'll avail of while staying with us. Why not take a dip in one of our many drowningWater tanks, or refresh your skin in the hot-cold shock room? Learn how to maximise your day in the sleep deprivation cells. Take a voyage of self-discovery in the rambunctious Unnecessary Piercing suite. But whatever you do, enjoy your stay!

The RP Rules :
    • All prisoners will be wearing full sensory deprivation apparel including blindfolds, ear-muffs, ball-gags and heavy clothing from head to foot. You will receive no sensory information from the outside world whatsoever while a guest of the camp. Your hands will be ziplocked together in front of you prior to your arrival.
    • An important aspect of roleplaying is becoming the character, and demonstrating who that character is to others by what you do, not what you say they are. As such, it is imperative that you express only a character's actions within the context of this RP. Thoughts, ideas and internal dialog have no place here.
    • All new entries into the camp must be prisoners. There will be opening for guards once people have proven that they are worthy. Anyone inquiring about guard positions will be treated with suspicion. Anyone accepting a guard position will be treated with suspicion. Anyone nochalantly minding their own business and showing no interest whatsoever in the guards will be treated with suspicion. Suspicious people will be beaten severely.
    • The layout of the camp has been decided and is known to all guards, however as new prisoners you will be entirely unfamiliar with this layout. A map is available on request, though bear in mind that requests to see the map will be regarded as suspicious. See above.
    • The camp director will provide information, especially in the opening few days, relating to the flow of routine. However, this information will only be provided to those who can experience the events described therein by PM - any events which would be outside the perception of those in sensory deprivation detainment will not be posted to the thread to maintain a realistic environment.
    • There is no excuse for OOC statements or actions within this thread. Failure to remain in character and to obey the RP and Camp rules will result in in-game death and expulsion. While I can't force you not to post in the thread, you will receive the ignoring of your life!

The Camp Rules :
    • Prisoners are not permitted to interact with guards. Attempts to interact with guards will result in punishments
    • Prisoners are not permitted to interact with other prisoners. Failure to comply will result in punishments
    • Prisoners are not entitled to a trial. Requests for a trial will be answered only with punishments
    • Failure to request a trial is an admission of guilt. The guilty will be punished.
    • When I say "punished" I usually mean "beaten". Or drowned. Or electrocuted. Or forced to watch as I kick a holy book along the floor. Whatever seems appropriate.

On arrival, Please fill out your processing form before your hood is pulled down. Spelling errors due to lack of feeling in your hands following the long trip with them bound uncomfortably in front of you will be forgiven. Well, once you've been punished for it.
    Name :
    Enjoy your stay!

Nationality: Irish

You spelled "foreign" incorrectly on your form. Punishment is swift. You might have been shot, its hard to tell in all the sensory deprivation gear.

I request a retrial!

I request a retrial!

A re...trial?

Funny thing about electrocuting a corpse is it reacts in much the same way as when you electrocute a live person. So you might still be in the game. Its hard to tell.

So you can't be sure if I'm dead.... hmmm... I'll just keep posting then :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    Sorry for this, I'm not around tonight or tomorrow night and possibly Friday night. Normal service will resume Friday or Saturday.

Good cos I haven’t time tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Age : There's no reliable scientific way to calculate the relationship between human and cat years, but it's generally agreed that the first two years of a cat's life are roughly equal to the first 25 of a human's, and after this, each additional year is around four 'cat years'.

so I'm 6.5

Nationallity: aquarioues

Occipation: terraist

Advertisement