Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

As for the next game.....

Deadlands

OR

Vampire the Masquerade

Would be my choices. Happy to go with others... but we can play D&D in the future again right?

*sniffs*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

D&D again definitely at some point, perhaps the same world a few hundred years later.

I think the fourth wall took more damage than Soet in that last scene! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Fourier wrote: »
    D&D again definitely at some point, perhaps the same world a few hundred years later.

I think the fourth wall took more damage than Soet in that last scene! :pac:

sorry for eating the popcorn.

sKeith wrote: »
    but, when you post its over in the morning, liberties will be taken to help it end :)

sKeith wrote: »
    Oh doesn't matter at all, better way to send the game off, in the tone we'd played throughout. Glad Xanthea popped in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Traveller or dead lands preferable

Tigger wrote: »
    Traveller or dead lands preferable
    i really like the sound of travveler.. it made me read it a few times.... i like..

Four, did ek end a lvl 15 chev? or more? for the hof..

Level 20

Level 20
    cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Let's just say Soet carried a lot of XP

Let's just say Soet carried a lot of XP
    hall of fame update to correct the record! nice.

You see, Traveller looks ok to me but I'm not a huge sci fi buff... plus... non heroic... bit of a con for me tbh.

I don't think Banjo would survive 5 minutes in Vampire the Masquerade though!

Also, where the hell am I meant to get my epic speeches out now that Bandy is retired!

To be explicit with those two.

Traveller is Cowboy Bebop, Alien, Outland, Red Mars, Sunshine type sci-fi. Not Ian Banks, Star Wars or Star Trek. That is real people in space in the future, not blasters and time travel and energy beings. (I like the latter too, just setting the tone) On low tech worlds energy rifles require a large battery backpack.

Vampire, yep say "Up yours" or "relax moron" to an elder and your character is dead. Vampires above you in the power scale are dangerous and require plots that take a while, involving human law enforcement, gangs, subtle use of powers, manipulation, etc to take out, all while being polite in public.

Really... REALLY like the sound of Vampire to be totally honest. Seems like my kind of game.

Well, I am off for the night. Catch up in the morning.

Added a few more people to that summary post and will be adding more as I scan over the threads.

Powered by the Apocalypse: the original, postapocalyptic
    Dungeon World: D&D redone in Apocalypse world style.
    The Ward: You play a doctor in an ER. This game won awards.
    Urban Shadows: You play supernatural creatures living in the modern world trying to survive by pretending to be CEOs etc. Very good.

Also would have a preference for above Apoc games.

Dungeon World being a top choice with Urban Shadows slightly behind.

I'll basically try most of them though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

To be explicit with those two.

Traveller is Cowboy Bebop, Alien, Outland, Red Mars, Sunshine type sci-fi. Not Ian Banks, Star Wars or Star Trek. That is real people in space in the future, not blasters and time travel and energy beings. (I like the latter too, just setting the tone) On low tech worlds energy rifles require a large battery backpack.

Vampire, yep say "Up yours" or "relax moron" to an elder and your character is dead. Vampires above you in the power scale are dangerous and require plots that take a while, involving human law enforcement, gangs, subtle use of powers, manipulation, etc to take out, all while being polite in public.

Red mars, yeah dynamic social anarchism.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Necrominus wrote: »
    I don't think Banjo would survive 5 minutes in Vampire the Masquerade though!

...who do you think the elder vampire you're not supposed to piss off is, exactly?
    Mwahahahahaahahaha

But yeah, unless I went Gangrel or maybe Nosferatu, I wouldn't live 5 minutes past my Embrace...

Personally, as appealing as V:TM is and as much as I loved the game (and the material I've been reading since December) I'm not cut out for political and social machinations, I think I'd lean towards Deadlands or Traveller based purely on the descriptions above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Okay plans ahoy!!!!

So for slow paced games, the following Powered by the Apocalypse games will be on offer (I've pmed a few about this):