Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Off for the night

Off for the night

Off for the night after sKeith's result

Off for the night

Off for the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Eberron is coming to 5e, there's a playtest setting book out. Fingers crossed for Dark Sun next. There's an Eberron races UA out too.

Class and the other setting is a Magic the Gathering one.

Off for the night

Just listening to a podcast, the 1974-1975 campaign in Boston had >20 players and the party had on average 40 hirelings. Sometimes dungeons were cleared just by sending in the army of hirelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

.....so you're saying you want more players?

I'll ask around the office ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Just listening to a podcast, the 1974-1975 campaign in Boston had >20 players and the party had on average 40 hirelings. Sometimes dungeons were cleared just by sending in the army of hirelings.

I refuse to hire any more help - Banjo ends up killing them all :pac::pac:

How dare you!
    1. No money changed hands - they were companions, not hirelings!
    2. They both implied a threat to be intimate with character irrespective of her agreement and then expressed a complete lack of interest. And you know what Oscar Wilde said about non-consentual relations with a party of dwarven sex-priests...
    3. In fairness, if you're murdering 1 person because they pulled a knife and threatened you, when 5 more do it it stops being murder and starts being natural selection. And as for the rest...
    3. That witch left her immersion on. She knew the risks, and there's no material evidence tying Retula to that explosion.
    4. The Dragonborns wanted to get into a hole in the ground. They're now in a hole in the ground. A thank you would be nice.
    5. From a ballistics point of view, Fourier killed Mr H :'(

I'm playing a Necromancer in another campaign. Never underestimate a swarm of low CR monsters.

Yeah, it's surprising how powerful ganging up is in 1E, 2E and 5E even against powerful opponents. Always like when a lot of little guys can overwhelm a big guy.

Off for the night

I'll be getting Danse Macabre next level which kind of limits me to 5 skeletons but they each get +10 to hit and do 1d6+12 damage.

ooh, I can get Danse Macabre at L9... We could retire (again, in your case) - why can't real pensions be that dependable?

Off for the night

The Eberron beta is outselling the newest edition of Warhammer Fantasy on DriveThruRPG, just shows how much more popular D&D is:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/

5e must be closing in on 1,000,000 PHBs sold, there are articles from September 2017 saying they'd crossed 800,000. The Warhammer book is a preorder (why would anyone preorder a PDF?) so that might be affecting its placement.

Evade wrote: »
    5e must be closing in on 1,000,000 PHBs sold, there are articles from September 2017 saying they'd crossed 800,000. The Warhammer book is a preorder (why would anyone preorder a PDF?) so that might be affecting its placement.
    I think it's something put in place by Cubicle 7 so that people who bought the physical book get the PDF at the same time as those who just order the PDF of drivethru.

Or I hope so, otherwise I'm pretty confused as well.

• Advertisement

Just checked, Cubicle 7's emails to the preordering customers have a rollout of a few days and they're afraid that if an email rolls out to a preorderer too late, they'll only be alerted after the PDF is generally available. Which tends to cause riots when it has happened to other punlishers.

Hence everybody got alerted to the chance to buy this preorder.

First time I've ever seen it on DriveThruRPG.

Off for the night, I'll be around for longer tomorrow

Off for the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Off for the night, I'll be around for longer tomorrow
    Off for the night

Longer is not later it seems.

You want length and girth? Greedy Jack!
    You get what you get and you don't get upset.

Banjo wrote: »
    I came earlier this time and finished up sooner. :pac:

I came earlier this time and finished up sooner. :pac:

That’s what she said

Banjo wrote: »
    You get what you get and you don't get upset.

Just girth
    Just jack

Off for the night

• Advertisement

Have to head off for the night, summary post in the morning

Advertisement