Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Off for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Three new characters ready for stat rolls if Iuric dies. On that, Volo's Yuan Ti player race yea or nay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

very good, but dont give up hope on yon Iuric so quickly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Iuric has a story to tell us still.

Not giving up on him but I like to be prepared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sKeith wrote: »
    Iuric has a story to tell us still.

"Once upon a time there was a little boy who wondered what other people thought about. So he split their heads open to find out. It turns out a lot of people think mostly about porridge with runny jam and bits of eggshell.

Sleep well, dear. *kiss*"

Is it possible to get a rough idea of how someone might get into Ursula's tower without a key, so we can work it into a rough-draft backstory? Not anticipating having to trade up any time soon but don't want to be rolling at short notice.

(If the answer is "portals" I may scream :D )

Portals

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote:
    (If the answer is "portals" I may scream )

Hey, we may have started that in the newbie game :pac:

Portals. Solve. Everything. :pac:

Really, a common way would have been to dig in through the cellar when the tower's complex defenses are lowered as it shifts shape and size.

Off for the night

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    D&D will be on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. This will be for a while. It's less days, but see below it will be higher speed on the days it is on (I hope)
    Vampire will be on Wednesday (although I'll have the odd few posts the other days).
    Sorry forgot to mention I will post a bit in D&D in the morning for OldGoat.

beggin' yuh pardon sir, is it ok if occasionally we interact with OG as long as we keep any DM involvement requirement from our own posts to a minimum?

Banjo wrote: »
    beggin' yuh pardon sir, is it ok if occasionally we interact with OG as long as we keep any DM involvement requirement from our own posts to a minimum?
    Oh that doesn't matter, it's more so I won't be around Wednesday evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Interaction very much anticipated/appreciated too I have to say.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Ah now I feel all guilty about ****ing off to the graveyard to sulk :D Damn you, bard!

OOC: Didn't Retula kill 10 Dwarves over a slight disagreement? I know NPC vs PC death is different outside the game.

Evade wrote: »
    "That sound" Iuric has a very unpleasant flashback of Jeremy one second looking like this l the next like this Y. He keels over into the fetal position muttering "He's alive... Karinth has him... I didn't kill him... Did I?" over and over.

OOC: Didn't Retula kill 10 Dwarves over a slight disagreement? I know NPC vs PC death is different outside the game.

OOC : Since you brought it up....
    1. It was 6
    2. THEY threatened HER, 6v1 <- Note, they didn't roll immediately
    3. They were warned
    4. They were warned again
    5. 5 of them were given an option to sit it out
    6. I didn't even kill all 6, the village did the others.
    7. While Four puts a lot of effort into what he does, these were NPCs, they don't represent the same investment of time and energy as a player character, especially for someone with experience of the rule set versus a newcomer. Only 2 of them had names!
    (Apologies if Tardin had kids, a mortgage and a level up plan, Four :D )

Meanwhile, you hit Jeremy with an attack that he could not reasonably have survived below level 4 if you did average damage, over a "flavour" insult with no mechanical outcome in-game. And I don't mean 0HP not survive, I mean go full negative and get split in two. And at the time there were 1, maybe 2 Level 4 or highers? So :

8. After all was said and done, I didn't patronise them by saying it was an accident. Regrettable, sure, but lets not kid ourselves that the dice rolled themselves.

But I don't see how is this relevant?

EDIT: OOC
    OOC : Since you brought it up....
    1. It was 6
    2. THEY threatened HER, 6v1 <- Note, they didn't roll immediately
    3. They were warned
    4. They were warned again
    5. 5 of them were given an option to sit it out
    6. I didn't even kill all 6, the village did the others.
    7. While Four puts a lot of effort into what he does, these were NPCs, they don't represent the same investment of time and energy as a player character, especially for someone with experience of the rule set versus a newcomer. Only 2 of them had names!

Sorry I misremembered.

Meanwhile, you hit Jeremy with an attack that he could not reasonably have survived below level 4 if you did average damage, over a "flavour" insult with no mechanical outcome in-game. And I don't mean 0HP not survive, I mean go full negative and get split in two. And at the time there were 1, maybe 2 Level 4 or highers? So :

8. After all was said and done, I didn't patronise them by saying it was an accident. Regrettable, sure, but lets not kid ourselves that the dice rolled themselves.

Level 3 Human Wizard with point buy would have an average of 23HP, even low rolls would still be 17. Average damage of a divine smite attack then was 20. I sent Fourier a message about an hour later once I remembered he was level 1 asking him to walk back the damage.

But I don't see how is this relevant?
    The point is none of the characters, except Mags(?), are exactly innocent little angels yet Iuric seems to be seen as a kind of monster.

If you guys don't want me around that's fine, say it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gonna take the ongoing chat into OT if I can.

Look, we've all done silly things in character in the past. Tigger is gone, but I provoked him into shooting me, and I shot him in return.
    Other games have had Four as a character ganged up on by about 6 other PCs cos he turned into a vamp.

It happened, it's a game. I don't want any player leaving over anything tbh. Group isn't that big to start with!

Can we all just forget about it and talk about Vrakrash please? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

EDIT: OOC
    [/I]
    Sorry I misremembered.

Level 3 Human Wizard with point buy would have an average of 23HP, even low rolls would still be 17. Average damage of a divine smite attack then was 20. I sent Fourier a message about an hour later once I remembered he was level 1 asking him to walk back the damage.

The point is none of the characters, except Mags(?), are exactly innocent little angels yet Iuric seems to be seen as a kind of monster.

If you guys don't want me around that's fine, say it.
    Ooc
    No one is saying that, it’s just that Banjo dosent like pc on pc violence
    He also drinks wine and thinks that the black album is Metallica’s opus.

I personally think pc on pc violence is awesome HOWEVER don’t pretend like it didn’t happen.

• Advertisement

Jack Moore wrote: »
    HOWEVER don’t pretend like it didn’t happen.
    OOC: Me the player or Iuric?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Ooc you the player and Iuric both need to understand that people will react to pc on pc killing as they do. I don’t believe all dialogue is in game in play by post so of course there are “what happened with the wizard and the paladin “?conversations that are never typed out. Even round a table I’d always say “and we chatted about the days events befor taking our rest”

But that said it’s more realistic to believe that the charachters talk even when they aren’t talking and the charachters talk about wimpy wizards getting split in half for trying to have a laugh in a world where professional farters are a thing.

Ooc : You can't keep playing the tortured madman, then complain when people treat you like a tortured madman.

Especially not when one of those people is from a famed race of extraplanar sado-masochists who has a vested interest in seeing someone hit rock bottom.

Edit : we should take this to the p&p thread. Mod?

OOC: Oh no problem!

*Holding back tears I slide close my desk drawer with the first draft of 'Tardin bangs Fourion Prime' a six part erotic novella, exploring the contradictory depths of the Bandylegs faith and those raised in it, to be published by Harper-Collins*

Serious stuff I'll post on now in main thread

Firstly, I definitely don't want Evade gone.

The action was in character I think (seeing a Paladin as a faith militant), as was Jeremy's, who probably didn't see it as offensive and Jack has been a good sport about it. The dungeon is fairly lethal as I've mentioned, there's a chance all save Sarric (as he has 'sKeith' armour) will perish, so a bit of trying to kill one another will only add to the experience. Especially in some of the rooms.

Eh... That wasn't Four, that was Four driving my character!

Also, it's not pc on pc that I don't like, it's offhand remarks having profound life changing effects. Or Traveller Syndrome.

And the Black Album was fine, but it's no St Anger! *Runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Banjo wrote:
    Also, it's not pc on pc that I don't like, it's offhand remarks having profound life changing effects. Or Traveller Syndrome.

Can you explain 'traveller syndrome' please?

Pter wrote: »
    Can you explain 'traveller syndrome' please?

Did you never read any of the PM's I sent you?
    No way I can answer that fully on my phone. Quick! Flash forward to tomorrow, around 12ish!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Looking forward to the answer.

• Advertisement

Is this my fault? :o

Advertisement