Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FBD took my no claims bonus

Options
  • 02-11-2017 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi ive had commercial insurance with fbd on and off for the last ten years , n October 2015 I moved to zurich as they were cheaper , no problems there , I got a copy of my ncb from fbd and gave it to Zurich.
    In 2016 I moved back to fbd as they were cheaper.
    Now in 2017 I've moved to axa as they were cheaper, they requested my Ncb so I contacted fbd to forward me a copy of my ncb and they told me my last policy was rated on a ( non no claim discount earning basis) so basically they have deleted my full ncb without ever telling me .

Is this legal or can anyone give me any info on what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Your 2016 NCB should still be valid as its recent enough; however you'd have to question how on earth FBD were cheaper on a non-discounted basis. Sounds like a severe clerical error.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Request a statement of claims for each of your previous policies. It should look like:

The XXX YYY was a policy holder between xx/yy/zzzz to yy/zz/wwww. There were XYZ claims recorded during that period. The details of the claims are: ....

That should be enough of documentation to your current insurer.

Advertisement