Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3

Options
  • 02-11-2017 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of help.

Hi son wants to sell his PS3.

But he is concerned about the hard drive not being blanked. Credit card details - his profile etc is on it.

He is freaked if he does that - he will lose stuff that was on some games that were carried over to PS4.

I think he is wrong about this - as that is in his user profile.

So he wants to blank it - but make it sell able and usable to new owner ?

Thanks.

So how do you blank it - keep it working and not effect anything on PS4 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Profile details, games, trophies, credit cards etc are all tied to the profile on the psn. Just hit the factory reset (or whatever the equivalent is on the ps3) and everything relating to him will be gone from the machine and it'll be like new out of the box with no trace of his profile or details, ready to be sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Thanks Johnny

He is very worried about it - as he sees his user profile on the PS3 that he uses on PS4

Some forums have said delete USERs first. He says so much stuff he has carried over relates to his PS3 play as a user on it.

Losing this stuff - would be like a death to him - he claims :)

So he has me doubting myself. If there is some strange link to a user to the PSN to your PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Look up on YouTube how to prepare a ps3 for selling and they'll probably tell you the correct procedure.

I'm not sure what stuff carries over from the ps3 though. Trophies will but I don't think saved games will cause it's a different console. It would be like starting a new game. Perhaps someone more in the know has the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Any more ideas on this lads ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any more ideas on this lads ?

Define "stuff".

I'm not missing anything that I should have.

Your profile from PS3 carries over to PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/system-software/how-to-restore-default-settings-on-the-playstation-30/

Or

The PS3 can reformat its hard drive. Reformatting the hard drive will erase everything on it except system software which you need. You don't need any special hardware for this- just the console, the hard drive and time.

The format utility is found in settings-> system settings. From there, follow the on-screen instructions.

Advertisement