Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnamore Park Finglas

Options
  • 02-11-2017 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Think of moving to Barnamore Park. What's the area like? Suitable to raise a family? Antisocial behaviour a problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

* Moved from Dublin County North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

You couldn't pay me to live in any of those estates facing out onto Tolka Valley Rd.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It would be at the rougher end of Finglas but there are pockets of nice sections in there. My mate lives in there facing Tolka valley road and touch wood hasn’t had an ounce of trouble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

It's not exactly a "rough" area anymore and the whole of finglas is unrecognisable from 20 years ago..Lots of people have moved in from elsewhere and been perfectly happy but the look of the road itself is a bit off putting. However it's probably one of the few places in Dublin you can get a3 bed house for around 200k or less.

If the price is right and you're happy with the house,go for it and don't listen to people with no experience of the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

MysticMonk wrote: »

If the price is right and you're happy with the house,go for it and don't listen to people with no experience of the area.

Well, I live around the corner off the Ratoath Road, and have done for many years, so that doesn't apply to me.

There's a reason why houses are that price in that area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement