Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S8 Receipt

Options
  • 03-11-2017 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I purchased a Galaxy S8 on contract the end of Sept. I want to apply for the Samsung VR promo but I need a receipt. The digital receipt I received with the plan etc has no mention of the phone. Who would be the best dept to contact to get a copy of the receipt?

Regards,
    Chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

chrislad wrote: »
    Hey,

I purchased a Galaxy S8 on contract the end of Sept. I want to apply for the Samsung VR promo but I need a receipt. The digital receipt I received with the plan etc has no mention of the phone. Who would be the best dept to contact to get a copy of the receipt?

Regards,
    Chris
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. You should be able to use your order number for this if you don't have a receipt number.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hey Adam,

I don't know if this will suffice for Samsung. The order I have makes no reference to a phone, just the service, so it's not really going to hold up as a receipt for a phone!

As I figured, the order email I received did not suffice as there was no reference to the phone, just the service. Please see the email from Samsung attached. Can my receipt for the phone be emailed to me? As per the mail, I need to respond within 7 days or my claim is invalid.

I have also sent them my most recent bill showing the phone and the purchase date but this wasn't acceptable either. They require an invoice of the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I have also sent them my most recent bill showing the phone and the purchase date but this wasn't acceptable either. They require an invoice of the phone.
    I'm sorry to hear they are not accepting this information. 

I'm afraid this is not something we can provide from here. If you log this with our admin team using this link - https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp they'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

I'm sorry to hear they are not accepting this information. 

I'm afraid this is not something we can provide from here. If you log this with our admin team using this link - https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp they'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks

Tracey

You shouldn't have to log a complaint to receive a receipt for an item that you have purchased. It is a legal obligation that Eir have to provide one.

I would tend to agree 100% with davo. I purchased this from you last month. You advertised the offer from Samsung as part of the purchase. The offer requires a digital receipt/invoice - I did not receive that. All I have gotten from you is an order confirmation which details the plan and the service, not the hardware. The phone is listed on my bill, but there is no IMEI or price associated with the phone on the bill so Samsung will not accept it as it is not a bill. 

Can a call from a member of the sales team be organised? It seems incredibly unlikely that they would not have access to previous sales, and receipts. In that unlikely event, the department who supplies the phones etc should be able to locate the receipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I would tend to agree 100% with davo. I purchased this from you last month. You advertised the offer from Samsung as part of the purchase. The offer requires a digital receipt/invoice - I did not receive that. All I have gotten from you is an order confirmation which details the plan and the service, not the hardware. The phone is listed on my bill, but there is no IMEI or price associated with the phone on the bill so Samsung will not accept it as it is not a bill. 

Can a call from a member of the sales team be organised? It seems incredibly unlikely that they would not have access to previous sales, and receipts. In that unlikely event, the department who supplies the phones etc should be able to locate the receipt.
    I completely understand your frustration with this and I'm sorry I am unable to assist any further. I'm afraid we are unable to arrange this from here. 

You would need to contact our admin team or our customer care team on 1901 and they can help you from there. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey

I'm not particularly happy with this. There was an offer on your website. Eir did not provide the required information to honour the offer, and now there's no real resolution path for this. I'll give them a call, but I expect them to not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ingrid7

I completely understand your frustration with this and I'm sorry I am unable to assist any further. I'm afraid we are unable to arrange this from here. 

You would need to contact our admin team or our customer care team on 1901 and they can help you from there. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey
    it's false,misleading advertising....

• Advertisement

To nobodys surprise, I contacted eir customer care on the 7th, at about 2pm. I was speaking with Shane, who was very helpful truth be told. He advised that he didn't have access to it, but would be able to get it but it would take about 24 hours, up to 48, but normally done within that. It's now closer to 72 hours, and I have heard nothing back from eir.

Can you please follow up on this for me? He said he logged a ticket, and I don't have time to wait for 25 mins on hold again.

Multiple replies to other threads, yet nothing here. This is an easy fix. This isn't something that's difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Multiple replies to other threads, yet nothing here. This is an easy fix. This isn't something that's difficult.
    Hi chrislad,

Sorry to hear that you haven't received this receipt yet. Unfortunately, you would need to give us another ring on 1901 to have this looked into. I appreciate this is frustrating and I do apologise that we can't do more for you from here. 

The response time from this channel is not instant as we have numerous queries to handle each day.

- Adam

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

eir: Adam wrote: »
    The response time from this channel is not instant as we have numerous queries to handle each day.
    Why are your colleagues setting expectations that can't be met then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

eir: Adam wrote: »
    - Adam
    The query was raised a week ago!! How long do you guys need to give the OP his receipt (again, which you are legally obligated to do so!)

After another 20 mins on hold (This is why I don't want to ring), I got through to another rep, who again was very nice and helpful, and informed me that the previous rep had taken down my email address wrong in the ticket, and the request didn't go through. This is particularly irksome as you have my contact number, so you could easily have contacted me to verify this, and also, you sent me notifications via email every month, so you clearly do have a record of my correct email address on my account. Either way, I had to contact you after 72 hours, for what is a really, really, really simple thing.

He re-created the ticket, and advised that they might get it done tonight as they might be working late, otherwise it will be next week. That was about 90 mins ago, and I've gotten nothing y yet. In the event that this claim with Samsung is not honoured because of this, I would expect eir to cover the cost of it, as I have been more than patient for a very simple request that should have taken one phone call to do, and is legally my right.

And again no reply. Outstanding.

I got a letter stating the purchase (not the original invoice, it must be said), and Samsung did accept that, and my claim was approved. While I didn't get the help from here that I would have expected, the issue is resolved to my satisfaction, though it did take a lot longer than I had anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

it is scandalous how Eir do not give you a proper receipt and just an order number on an email - it is typical of their poor customer relations.

Advertisement