Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche - Down Syndrome

Options
  • 03-11-2017 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

We are starting the search for a creche for our daughter who has Down Syndrome. Ideally we'll be able to wait until she is 1 next June. I've heard that it's difficult to get places in good creches and I can imagine that it's more difficult for find a creche that has staff that use Lámh - has anyone gone through this? We'd appreciate any advice. We're based in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

laineyw wrote: »
    We are starting the search for a creche for our daughter who has Down Syndrome. Ideally we'll be able to wait until she is 1 next June. I've heard that it's difficult to get places in good creches and I can imagine that it's more difficult for find a creche that has staff that use Lámh - has anyone gone through this? We'd appreciate any advice. We're based in Dublin.

Where in Dublin? Start looking around now and be upfront and ask if staff have learnt lamh etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Hey, can't help with the creche question, but there are 2 groups on Facebook. Down right perfect .. 2013 or 2015 groups, I'm in both, there's a huge group of parents and the advice you get is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 laineyw

We're based in Terenure/Kimmage/Harold's Cross - in the middle of the three areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I can't help with advice on a creche, I'm not in Dublin, but I would guess that many creches have workers who use lamh! My son has autism and had an SNA with lamh, pecs and teach and that's over 10 years ago :)

Advertisement