Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upcoming mri scan

• 03-11-2017 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

going for an Mri scan this weekend on my right foot as i have arch and heel pain that i cant get rid of .running the last 2 years wih a few injuries in the same foot .anyone any idea what will show up on the scan from experience .not looking for medical advise .:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Well the MRI should show up what the issue is but it could be a few things. Adductor/flexor hallucis strain/tendonopathy, plantar fasciopathy, heel spur, etc. Not much point in guessing though until the MRI comes back, and definitely no point googling any of those and scaring the life out of yourself. Wait until the results come back and then see what the physio/consultant has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭corkcity

my money is on a planter f rupture as there is pain on the inner right foot just past the heal so hopefully will be able to find out .I have been told i need orthotics as i have very high arches whick is why i keep getting injured in that foot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

corkcity wrote: »
    my money is on a planter f rupture as there is pain on the inner right foot just past the heal so hopefully will be able to find out .I have been told i need orthotics as i have very high arches whick is why i keep getting injured in that foot

A plantar fascia rupture is no joke and you would know about it if it happened I'm guessing. You would lose a lot of function in your foot and you definitely wouldn't be running! Hopefully it's something smaller than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

Morons neuroma?
    I had arch and heel pain and it was this which is actually in the ball of the foot, but the pain wasn't there it was in the arch and heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

__..__ wrote: »
    Morons neuroma?

Morton's neuroma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

PCX wrote: »
    Morton's neuroma?

Oops.

the pain is in the circled area . if not a PF Rupture it must be mico tears or something related

Inkedindex_LI.jpg

went for mri this morning .can attach images if anyone can read them as it looks like the matrix to me

Advertisement