Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards NXT Tag Team Championship Tournament.

Options
  • 03-11-2017 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

I know I know, I can't stay off the Tournie Threads . I've accepted and it you all should too. Gonna kick off this one today and it's quite a tongue twister so here we go.

Titles.png

This tournament is going to be a bit smaller than previous ones but the numbers involved see that it kicks off with a twist, Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the PW Boards NXT Tag Team Title Triple Threat Turmoil Tournament! Over the weekend we will begin our endeavour to see who the greatest NXT Tag Team Champions of all all time are.
    The Rules

- One vote for poster for which team you think deserves to go through.
    - Give a reason for your choice (e.g. better chemistry, better reign).
    - First team to attain four advances.
    - All draws are made using the Random Number Generator TM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

American Alpha

Chad Gable and Jason Jordan

640?cb=20160424081622

VS

Blake and Murphy Factor

Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy w/Alexa Bliss

bamf.jpg

VS

The Wyatt Family

Luke Harper and Erick Rowan

2.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well I'll kick things off with a vote for AA. Things may not have worked out for them on the main stage as we'd hoped but out of these three by far the best. IMO of course :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Huge mark for Luke harper. Never really liked Murphy and Co. American alphas on screen storyline in nxt and matches where awesome.

So my vote go's with AA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im gonna vote for Blake & Murphy because I felt they still had a tonne they could have done as a team. AA had great matches and Gable was great when trying to get JJ to team with him. Harper Rowan are a good team but way too many break ups since their NXT run.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm choosing Blake and Murphy.

I thought they worked very well as a tag team, and the addition of Alexa to the fold was a genius stroke.

AA are a close second, but I feel they didn't hold the titles long enough to be considered for contention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Tough one as i think blake and murphy had the better reign but i think the match quality alpha had better matches.

I think for the matches ill go with aa just

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cheers for the pm Omack

I really like Harper and Rowen (more so Harper) but maybe it's just cos the Wyatts NXT run was one I heard about more so than experienced myself that I find it hard to choose them.

Blake and Murphy seemed like they were going to be great and I liked Alexa being paired with them but once teams lik American Alpha came along I kinda forgot about them as it seemed like the NXT tag division got an upgrade.

American Alpha for me. They are in the top tier of teams I think of when I think of NXT tag teams even if their run might not have actually been as long as I remember. They should be up there with the likes of DIY, The Revival and co in this tornie for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yes got to go with AA too. When they clicked they put on some brilliant matches. I love Alexa but AA didn’t need an Alexa so they get the nod for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

AA were great in the ring and will always remember Jordan's reaction to winning the title. Plus Gable winning him over throughout the many months

American Alpha are the first to book their place in the next round. We've a great mesh of styles in our next three-way tussle.
    The Revival

Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson

8.jpg

VS

#DIY

Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano

skysports-johnny-gargano-tommaso-ciampa-wwe-nxt-tag-team-champions-diy_3836578.jpg?20161120224235

VS

The Lucha Dragons

Sin Cara and Kalisto

lucha-dragons-1468901509-800.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah f*ck. DIY. Have to go DIY

Ahh thats a horrible chioce but diy for me

Ah GTF Omack (in the nicest possible way!). I had two of these as minimum semi finalists :(

Revival v DIY feud was one of my favourite NXT programmes, I actually literally applauded my laptop for one Takeover match sad as that sounds. I'm going to have to very narrowly pick DIY because their selling, especially Johnny's, was so fecking good you were with them every step of the way. And then Tomasso's turn, god it was perfectly done.

I loved DIY but I think Revival are the best ever in NXT. They used heel tactics so well and made me hate them in a proper old school heel way. I'm shocked they haven't gotten a vote yet.

Revival for me.

Revival for me too. I loved DIY but the Revival were just so believable. A real throwback with some modern aspects to their game. That Shatter Machine finisher is epic also.

Nobody is voting for the Lucha Dragons here.

It is very possible that if today was the day that the Revival was brought up to the main roster I would vote for them as the shine has somewhat come off them (through no fault of their own) for me since. In NXT they were awesome and 100% made me think or Arn and Tully but whatever it was about them I was always drawn to DIY more. Being totally honest it could just have been that they were faces that made me associate with them more but I can't remember watching a match of theirs that I didn't really love and thats why DIY are getting my vote here. even the end of their tag team was amazing.

If I got to pick who deserves to get to what rd in this tournament I think I would have both in my triple threat final at which point who knows it'd be a different day and on a different day I could have easily voted for The Revival

I'm shocked that the Revival have been eliminated. I honestly thought they would walk the whole thing being two time champions! #DIY move into the semi finals. Who will join them there?

SAnitY

Eric Young and Alexander Wolfe w/Killian Dain and Nikki Cross

sanity___nxt_tag_team_champions_render__2_by_badluckshinska-dbm97iy.png

VS

The Vaudevillains

Aiden English and Simon Gotch

ec405436dad9ea7c0aba07b547d45cf7--tag-boxing.jpg

VS

Adrian Neville and Corey Graves

33f9f8ac147ce6d8f942a73e701fd460--adrian-neville-champs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Love Sanity, especially the dynamic that Cross adds to their stable and matches. I really can't overlook The Vaudevillains. Their run completely sucked when they called up but their work in NXT was brilliant.

Fairly 50/50 but I'll give it to Sanity due to the fact they've developed on and on with the additions of Damo and Young.

Sanity.

Sanity for me. I hated Gotcha and English. And Graves / Neville always seemed like a filler tag team to me.

Have a soft spot for Graves and Neville to be honest. But it would be INSANITY (heh) not to give the vote to Sanity here.

Never liked the Vaudevillians either.

• Advertisement

Sanity. I wasn’t paying much attention to NXT when Graves and Neville were tagging and I never liked the Vaudevillains.

The final has four has gotten a little unhinged with the addition of SAnitY. We have our last triple threat now as we look to add the last time to the line up.

The Ascension

Viktor and Konnor
    20522ef17dde19fa368ad7583bebf6c5.jpg

VS

British Ambition

Adrian Neville and Oliver Grey

1.jpg

VS

The Authors of Pain

Akam and Rezar w/Paul Ellering

1200px-Authors_of_Pain_NXT.jpg

Sanity didnt see neville and graves and never liked the villians

sky88 wrote: »
    Sanity didnt see neville and graves and never liked the villians

Sanity already through sky! New match is up.

Ascension were soo much better in NXT than on the main roster but this one for me is clear and it's AOP with Ellering. Not sure if I'd have even remembered Grey if he wasn't pictured.

Hmmm.. this is a toughie. Ascension were great in NXT. AOP are great full stop. Will definitely transfer to main roster better... probably.
    Tournament is about best NXT Tag Champs though, and for that reason....

Gotta go Ascension to be honest. Weren't they champs for over a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah I'll echo the praise for The Ascension. I loved their whole run in from their time with Bram to their call up.

I was totally cynical to AOP when they arrived but they have certainly won me over.

The Ascension, just.

AOP for me I think they’ve been brilliant for two young and inexperienced guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I didn't see much of the ascension to be honest. So I'll go for aop.

• Advertisement

AOP for me. The Ascension were great in NXT but AOP are on another level

Advertisement