Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards NXT Tag Team Championship Tournament.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

We now have our final four squadrons ready to do battle. A team well need five votes to advance into the grand finale. Again, looking for reasons for your choice here guys. Here we go with Match 1

#DIY

Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano

skysports-johnny-gargano-tommaso-ciampa-wwe-nxt-tag-team-champions-diy_3836578.jpg?20161120224235

Combined Weight : 400lbs
    Finishing Move : Meeting in the Middle
    Length of Title Reign : 70 Days

VS

The Authors of Pain

Akam and Rezar w/Paul Ellering

latest?cb=20170405212900

Combined Weight : 620 lbs
    Finishing Move : The Last Chapter
    Length of Title Reign : 203 Days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Love aop but diy for me everything from them finally getting the win to losing it then breaking up was just perfect

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ugh.. this is a hard one as I'm a huge AOP fan (I know I voted against them in the last round)

Have to go DIY though. From start to finish they were great. One of the best examples of how to book a tag team in the last decade imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'm going to go with DIY here though I think AOP are stars. DIY brought you on their journey and really sucked you in. They just had that underdog likability and then as said above the turn from Ciampa was perfectly done. Shame he got injured.

I'm gonna go with AOP on the basis that I expected them to be god awful and they're not. They're very believable and I love how they can be monster heel b*stards or just wrecking balls with no heel/face standing at all.

I love their look, their booking, their theme, their manager and their overall aura.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

AOP for me too. They were my choice earlier and I chose against DIY in that round.

So that's 4-2 to DIY, could a come back be on the cards?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Going to vote for #DIY. While AOP have gotten very good, they still aren't quite *there* for me yet. DIY on the other hand, I loved what they did, and even thought the breakup was excellently done. Gargano looked like an ultra sympathetic character, having done stuff like taking a ladder shot for Ciampa, while Ciampa looked like an utter bastard.

DIY full sail into the grand finale. We now seek to find out who'll meet them there. First to five votes.
    SAnitY

Eric Young and Alexander Wolfe w/Killian Dain and Nikki Cross

sanity___nxt_tag_team_champions_render__2_by_badluckshinska-dbm97iy.png

Combined Weight: 479lbs
    Finishing Move: Suplex/Neckbreaker Combo
    Length of Title Reign: 79+ Days, current

VS

American Alpha

Jason Jordan and Chad Gable

640?cb=20160424081622

Combined Weight: 447lbs
    Finishing Move: Grand Amplitude
    Length of Title Reign: 68 Days

Ok. I'm picking American Alpha. I haven't voted for them yet, and have voted for Sanity. However, AA are the team I prefer watching. For this reason alone, they get my vote

• Advertisement

Loved AA in NXT. Have to vote for them as a result.

Yeah AA for me, not even close though I don’t mind Sanity. Loved AA in NXT, they put on some great Takeover matches in particular. Shame what’s happened since they moved up but that’s another story.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

AA in NXT were a joy to watch and although I'm I the true final was already fought in rd1 between 2 other teams AA are more than worthy finalists.

Actually a fan of Sanity too especially Nikki Cross but there matches haven't really matched up to AAs NXT work with people like the revival.

Alpha advance to the the final. It sucks that we've only had 12 teams to work with as it makes for a short tournament, in retrospect I should've combined all entered tag teams from the past two years Dusty Classic tournaments for a total of 32 but we're too far in now! Final will go up later on this evening. Hope to see you all there.

And so we reach the final. Two super over babyface teams that are unfortunately no more. All excellent workers with exciting offense and great chemistry together. The only question is, who was better. Most votes wins and becomes your PW Boards NXT Tag Team Championship Tournament Winners.

#DIY

Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano

030491790226d80bdc16dbbd484ea0c1c51db518_hq.gif

Combined Weight : 400lbs
    Finishing Move : Meeting in the Middle
    Length of Title Reign : 70 Days

VS

American Alpha

Jason Jordan and Chad Gable

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Combined Weight: 447lbs
    Finishing Move: Grand Amplitude
    Length of Title Reign: 68 Days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Only one winner for me diy i just thought the whole story with them coming in and eventually winning the title to there break up i think itsz been tge best story in nxt and its not done yet

Ok, i'm gonna have to flip flop and choose DIY here.

I thought their story was great, executed to perfection. Such a shame Tomasso got injured when he did. It was like a slow build from their initial meeting in the Cruiserweight Classic. They really were best friends too, outside of the ring, so when the turn came, it was shocking. And brutal. Johnny is the ultimate babyface underdog, and he was collossal in his selling, while Tomasso also played his part excellently.

AA are great together. I'm a big Chad Gable fan. J Double, not so much. But they were a great team.

I have to pick DIY though. They had some serious battles side by side, and I feel their breakup is right up there with the Barbershop window - just both are HBK level, there's no Janetty in that team!

I’ve voted DIY all the way and I’m not going to change now. My reasoning is the same as Gerry’s and similar to what I said in the last two rounds. They were just a brilliant addition to NXT and there’s more to come when they eventually feud.

I've been toing and froing on this all day but in the end my vote goes for DIY for reasons already stated above. Not sure if there's much I can add.

AA were awesome in NXT.

DIY were better.

This one's unanimous folks. It's one of the greatest stories ever told in NXT and we're not even half way there... It's the Psycho Killer, it's Johnny Wrestling. It's Tomasso Ciampa, it's Johnny Gargano. It's #DIY and they're your PW Boards NXT Tag Team Championship Tournament winners.

352b892b9ea30e6784dada98f846527a--tag-champions.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement