Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir switch = mess

Options
  • 03-11-2017 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

Landline not working nearly 6 weeks now since switching to eir.

I have made plenty of phone calls, had numerous webchats and twitter DMs and still no nearer getting solved.

I cant login to my eir account to see my bill and I can't get my eir sport working either because when I go to register for eir online I get an error 'Combination of number and account number is invalid Please check the details you entered.'

So something has gone wrong with the switch. Broadband is the only thing working, no landline, no eir sport.

I lost landline service the day the engineer came to install and havent had it since.

I was told by your twitter team that apparently my phone number has changed. I had asked to keep my number which I've had for 15 years, someone answers the phone number I was given so its currently in use but not by me and my landline is dead.

Now yesterday eir debits my bank account by €60 (my bundle is only supposed to be €40 a month so I can only presume I'm being charged for the other persons number which is live and being used by another person (I actually feel like calling that person and letting them know whats happened) eir gave me their phone number so I'm picking up their tab but have no service myself.

I have done everything I can at this stage and eir just do nothing - no apology, no updates, no resolution.

I also logged an official complaint on 17th October and emailed several times since then but have been completely ignored.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Landline not working nearly 6 weeks now since switching to eir.

I have made plenty of phone calls, had numerous webchats and twitter DMs and still no nearer getting solved.

I cant login to my eir account to see my bill and I can't get my eir sport working either because when I go to register for eir online I get an error 'Combination of number and account number is invalid Please check the details you entered.'

So something has gone wrong with the switch. Broadband is the only thing working, no landline, no eir sport.

I lost landline service the day the engineer came to install and havent had it since.

I was told by your twitter team that apparently my phone number has changed. I had asked to keep my number which I've had for 15 years,  someone answers the phone number I was given so its currently in use but not by me and my landline is dead.

Now yesterday eir debits my bank account by €60 (my bundle is only supposed to be €40 a month so I can only presume I'm being charged for the other persons number which is live and being used by another person (I actually feel like calling that person and letting them know whats happened) eir gave me their phone number so I'm picking up their tab but have no service myself.

I have done everything I can at this stage and eir just do nothing - no apology, no updates, no resolution.

I also logged an official complaint on 17th October and emailed several times since then but have been completely ignored.
    Hi Piper Numerous Sensibility,

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've been having since you moved your services over to us. Can you send me your account number and full name in a PM please? I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Fringegirl,

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've been having since you moved your services over to us. Can you send me your account number and full name in a PM please? I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

Thank you Adam, I really appreciate your help. I just want to see this resolved so I don't have to spend any more time on it. I'll pm you now and hopefully you can escalate this for me.

Thanks again ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Piper Numerous Sensibility,

- Adam

Thank you Adam, I really appreciate your help. I just want to see this resolved so I don't have to spend any more time on it. I'll pm you now and hopefully you can escalate this for me.

Thanks again ðŸ˜႒
    That's great. 

Adam will come back to you shortly through PM's.

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement