Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't order FTTH, neighbours both sides of me have it, dealing with sales is a joke

Options
  • 03-11-2017 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

I have spent two days trying to order FTTH & trying to deal with Eir sales, between cutting me off, fobbing me off & putting me thorough to call centers who don't deal with sales.

When I enter our Eircode on their site I get the message:
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular,Arial]We can now confirm you are next in line on our roll out plan for Ireland’s fastest broadband!
    [/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular,Arial]On the face of it, it looks like FTTH isn't available to me at the moment & I'd accept that if it wasn't for the fact that my next door neighbour has it over a month & a neighbour [font=Arial,Sans-Serif]100m [/font]the other side of our house has it a few weeks. When I enter the Eircode of my next door neighbour on the other side of us [/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular,Arial][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular,Arial]& the house behind us[/font] I get the message:[/font]
    [font=eir-medium-web,"Arial Medium"]Great News![/font]
    [font=eir-medium-web,"Arial Medium"]Fibre to the Home is available at X## X#X#[/font]
    All 3 neighbours that either have FTTH or have it available to order are within a 30m radius of our house & are sharing the same pole.

To add to this, I sent an email to OpenEir, who confirmed FTTH was available to me:
    [font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif][font=Arial,Sans-Serif]To avail of this service and for further information please contact a service provider of your choice.
    [/font][/font]

[font=Arial,Sans-Serif]Any help on where to go from here would be appreciated[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

This is what I would expect from Eir.   Their service is pathetic. My advice to you is to go to another provider.  I went with Pure Telecom, and found them 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I have spent two days trying to order FTTH & trying to deal with Eir sales, between cutting me off, fobbing me off & putting me thorough to call centers who don't deal with sales.

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular,Arial]We can now confirm you are next in line on our roll out plan for Ireland’s fastest broadband!
    [/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular,Arial]On the face of it, it looks like FTTH isn't available to me at the moment & I'd accept that if it wasn't for the fact that my next door neighbour has it over a month & a neighbour [font=Arial,Sans-Serif]100m [/font]the other side of our house has it a few weeks. When I enter the Eircode of my next door neighbour on the other side of us [/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular,Arial][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular,Arial]& the house behind us[/font] I get the message:[/font]
    [font=eir-medium-web,]Great News![/font]
    [font=eir-medium-web,]Fibre to the Home is available at X## X#X#[/font]
    All 3 neighbours that either have FTTH or have it available to order are within a 30m radius of our house & are sharing the same pole.

To add to this, I sent an email to OpenEir, who confirmed FTTH was available to me:
    [font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif][font=Arial,Sans-Serif]To avail of this service and for further information please contact a service provider of your choice.
    [/font][/font]

[font=Arial,Sans-Serif]Any help on where to go from here would be appreciated[/font]
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. The broadband service that a home can receive is specific to each individual line and, although your neighbours can get this, it doesn't necessarily mean that every home in the locality of the address can receive it too. Are you currently an eir customer for landline/broadband? If so, can you PM me your account number, eircode and full name please? If not, just your eircode will be fine. I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

Thanks Adam. I've PM'ed you with my Eircode & a screenshot showing a selection of neighbours, every house surrounding ours either has or can order FTTH, it seems to be a genuine error on the system. It came up as available during the Summer & Open Eir say it is available to us, I'll PM you the Open Eir reference number too actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks Adam. I've PM'ed you with my Eircode & a screenshot showing a selection of neighbours, every house surrounding ours either has or can order FTTH, it seems to be a genuine error on the system. It came up as available during the Summer & Open Eir say it is available to us, I'll PM you the Open Eir reference number too actually.
    That's great, thanks. Adam will be back to you shortly through PM's. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

This is what I would expect from Eir.   Their service is pathetic. My advice to you is to go to another provider.  I went with Pure Telecom, and found them 100%.
    Had the same problem with Eir and Eircode. In fact they were so positive I couldn't get it and then tried to sell me 8Mb when I already had 12Mb. Rang Digiweb and had it within one week, 1Gb FTTH. Working great so far!!

• Advertisement

eir: Adam wrote: »

[/font]

[/font][/font]

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. The broadband service that a home can receive is specific to each individual line and, although your neighbours can get this, it doesn't necessarily mean that every home in the locality of the address can receive it too. Are you currently an eir customer for landline/broadband? If so, can you PM me your account number, eircode and full name please? If not, just your eircode will be fine. I'll look into this for you.

- Adam
    Sent you a PM Adam. Still no luck with this.

[/font]

[/font][/font]

Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks,

I've received your PM. I'll be back in touch today.

- Adam

[/font]

[/font][/font]

Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

[/font]

[/font][/font]

Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam. Looking forward to hearing back from you.
    I have responded to your PM.

- Adam

Advertisement