Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smell of puke in city centre Friday lunchtime 3rd Nov

Options
  • 03-11-2017 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

Have just emerged from the office to an unpleasant smell in the air. It smells a bit like sick and doesn't seem localised to the street just outside my office. Anybody know what it is?

I know St James's Gate can emit a noticeable smell from brewing, but that's a pleasant sort of malty smell. This is not the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

probably a junkie puked all over the place, common practice in town these days

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

There's a terrible smell around East Wall at the moment... thought it might be a gas leak. There's no fields near here in need of fertiliser either.
    Was there Wednesday lunchtime also.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I noticed this as well, nearer Smithfield though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Probably blowing in off the incinerator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

OnDraught wrote: »
    Probably blowing in off the incinerator.

Spot on.

Have gotten that smell out as far as Howth, Malahide and Dollymount, when the wind is blowing in a certain direction.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

It's out Clondalkin / Ballyfermot direction too
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057804743

Can't believe it's the incinerator though - that's supposed to burn at 1000s of degrees isn't it?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Got it on George's Street too. So not just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I noticed it in Clondalkin and finglas. I didn't cop on it was related till I read this thread. Both times I commented on the smell of puke. Weird

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

boombang wrote: »
    I know St James's Gate can emit a noticeable smell from brewing, but that's a pleasant sort of malty smell. This is not the same.
    There are several different smells that come from James's Gate depending on what they're doing. Boiling hops produces a slightly acrid green-veg smell that could possibly be what you're describing. It's much more noticeable on cold days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I really thought it smelled like fertiliser and just presumed it was blowing from the mountains or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭traveller0101

Wow I got this smell on Friday and couldn't understand where it was coming from. Gave my fash a wash and all! :pac:

Advertisement