Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post mobile not receiving 2SV texts

Options
  • 03-11-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

I bought a Motorola 2 weeks ago from An Post, and ported over my number from Eir. Couldn't make/receive any calls/texts until 2 days ago, despite repeated calls to An Post and Eir who blamed each other for incorrect set up.
    Finally I belatedly thought to take out the battery & SIM and put them back in again, which seemed to solve the problem as I can now make & receive calls and texts.
    Or so I thought. Over the last 2 days, I have been on 3 different websites that require 2SV codes for log-in. They sent texts which I didn't get. I've again contacted An Post, as well as the websites concerned, but no joy.
    Having googled the problem, I saw on a Three forum that someone mentioned the same issue being caused on their network by texts being handled by Messenger. When I checked my phone settings, it only gives the option of texts being handled by Messenger or Hangouts. I don't think that switching to Hangouts will solve the issue... or am I wrong in thinking Hangouts would handles texts in much the same way as Messenger? tbh, I don't really know how the old-fashioned standard texts were processed!
    Does anyone know of a workaround I could try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The same issue plagues the Three based MVNOs. Postmobile is a vodafone MVNO, or really a vodafone white label service. If they've not configured short codes the solution is really to move to a proper network.

Advertisement