Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery : Very flat, maybe dead

• 03-11-2017 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a battery about 6-7 months back and did not get to fit it at the time; a slow down in progress of a bike rebuild. The battery sat discharging slowly in a kitchen cupboard for the above time. I connected it a few days ago to an Aldi battery charger, but it does does not seem to be taking a charge. It is displaying 12.6 V, but the charge level indicator is on the first bar and not increasing.

Have i killed the battery by leaving it without it being charged? It's a 20ah battery for an air cooled BMW.

Alfo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

12.6 is a good sign

maybe try another charger if possible. A friend of mine has an aldi/lidl charger and borrows my cheapy oxford optimate one every so often as the aldi one doesnt seem to work below a certain battery voltage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Can you try it in a bike? If it's showing 12V then it is most likely fully charged as if it's not connected to anything the natural leakage wouldn't be that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Del2005 wrote: »
    Can you try it in a bike? If it's showing 12V then it is most likely fully charged as if it's not connected to anything the natural leakage wouldn't be that much.

12.75V means fully charged afaik. 12.6V should be fine. Install it and see.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement