Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under charged on an Item

Options
  • 03-11-2017 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi, I just purchased an electrical item from an electrical store, but I did the sale over the phone. It was €400 for the item and the receipt was emailed straight away after i gave my card details and the sale went through etc. I just checked my balance there and they only took €4.00 instead of €400.00. I haven't received the Item yet as the sale was done yesterday and delivery is expected on Tuesday. Can they contact me after I received the item and ask me to pay extra for it etc..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

pampers1 wrote: »
    Hi, I just purchased an electrical item from an electrical store, but I did the sale over the phone. It was €400 for the item and the receipt was emailed straight away after i gave my card details and the sale went through etc. I just checked my balance there and they only took €4.00 instead of €400.00. I haven't received the Item yet as the sale was done yesterday and delivery is expected on Tuesday. Can they contact me after I received the item and ask me to pay extra for it etc..

They donlt even need to contact you, as you did it over the phone and gave them authorisation for the sale and the recepit will show the €400, they can simply take the balance.

You could be decent and call them - you may find they'll add somethign extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Looks like a very obvious error when keying in the amount into the credit card terminal. You did authorise them to collect €400 and they will realise that when they reconcile sales against cash/credit cards.

Advertisement