Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What deals do you expect to see for Black Friday?

Options
  • 03-11-2017 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey all,

Ready to throw the switch on getting a PS4 but wondering if I should hold out till late NOV? I am from NZ and we don't really do much Black Friday stuff! - What was your experience from last year? Worth holding out?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Hey all,

Ready to throw the switch on getting a PS4 but wondering if I should hold out till late NOV? I am from NZ and we don't really do much Black Friday stuff! - What was your experience from last year? Worth holding out?

Too be honest the week before up to the Monday after (cyber Monday) there will be deals a plenty, Argos are usually good for local stores and game or other UK sites will be very good deals especially with the weak sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RyanBurnett

Too be honest the week before up to the Monday after (cyber Monday) there will be deals a plenty, Argos are usually good for local stores and game or other UK sites will be very good deals especially with the weak sterling

Thanks mate. Might be worth holding out then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

with the Xbox one X coming out,id say therell be alot of good deals on the ps4 pro knocking about that weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

bigphil2 wrote: »
    with the Xbox one X coming out,id say therell be alot of good deals on the ps4 pro knocking about that weekend

Thats what I'm hoping for after Tesco Direct managed to feck up my Pro deal last week.

I see that Sony were releasing a white version of the Pro on the same day that the XBox X launches. I hope thats not the only thing they do to try to steal MS'd thunder. If they had any sense they would do a well publicised price reduction on their Pro model the same day, try to take the wind out of the X's sails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Plus rumours aplenty of PS5 launch should start forcing the Pro price down soon hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Plus rumours aplenty of PS5 launch should start forcing the Pro price down soon hopefully

That won't affect anything, the pro might get a discount due to the One X (it's cheaper already so even then maybe only a little) but rumours aren't going to affect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Amazon is opening in Aus and I think that's meant to cover NZ, they'll be doing some stuff as they're opening to coincide with the sales.

Also they've got the go ahead to for some good old predatory pricing to start off (at least from australia).

Take it you're here so not really relavent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

hoping for a ps4 to ps4 pro upgrade deal like they had for the xbox.mine is getting a little aged!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

phill106 wrote: »
    hoping for a ps4 to ps4 pro upgrade deal like they had for the xbox.mine is getting a little aged!
    I was hoping for something similar. I'm hoping to upgrade to a 4k TV pretty soon so want to get a pro if the right trade in deal pops up. Are there any deals around at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Not that i have seen :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

Looking to pick up the PS4 + FIFA 18 deal myself. It’s going for around €300 at the moment. Would anyone have any idea if this bundle is likely to be reduced for BF and to roughly what price would be expected if so? Basically just want to know if it’s worth waiting the week or two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I wouldn't mind upgrading to a Pro if a decent deal comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Rosstopher wrote: »
    Looking to pick up the PS4 + FIFA 18 deal myself. It’s going for around €300 at the moment. Would anyone have any idea if this bundle is likely to be reduced for BF and to roughly what price would be expected if so? Basically just want to know if it’s worth waiting the week or two!

To be honest fifia isn't great this year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

SeanHarty wrote: »
    To be honest fifia isn't great this year

As a big Fifa fan, i cant help but agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭ongarite

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

PS4 pro plus cod wwii €374.60 delivered from amazon.de. Will there be better deals if one is looking to get exactly that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

mad muffin wrote: »
    PS4 pro plus cod wwii €374.60 delivered from amazon.de. Will there be better deals if one is looking to get exactly that?

Yes, a much better deal on Amazon UK; Pro console, FIFA 18 and COD WW2 for £300 (€337 with a Revolut card at time of posting). So not only are you getting what you want for €37.60 less, you’re also getting another game on top of that. I’m pretty sure both games included are physical copies so you could trade FIFA into CEX for €35 cash and you’re saving over €70 for the exact same thing.

You could hold out until Friday itself, but I can’t imagine there’ll be too many better deals than that, and if there are the stock won’t last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yes, a much better deal on Amazon UK; Pro console, FIFA 18 and COD WW2 for £300 (€337 with a Revolut card at time of posting). So not only are you getting what you want for €37.60 less, you’re also getting another game on top of that. I’m pretty sure both games included are physical copies so you could trade FIFA into CEX for €35 cash and you’re saving over €70 for the exact same thing.

You could hold out until Friday itself, but I can’t imagine there’ll be too many better deals than that, and if there are the stock won’t last long.

Thanks. I don’t know how I missed that.

Advertisement