Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelling deceased father's eir mobile and eircom broadband

• 03-11-2017 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

Hi, my father passed away last weekend and he had a home internet and an eir mobile account. Can you let me know what I need to do/provide to get these accounts cancelled as soon as possible? Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

scriba wrote: »
    Hi, my father passed away last weekend and he had a home internet and an eir mobile account. Can you let me know what I need to do/provide to get these accounts cancelled as soon as possible? Thank you.
    Hi scriba, 

I'm very sorry for your loss, I understand this is a difficult time for you.  

The cancellation team on 1901 will be able to assist you with this, they will require the death cert to process this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Hi scriba, 

The cancellation team on 1901 will be able to assist you with this, they will require the death cert to process this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks Tracey, for your condolences and your reply. One further question - can the accounts be cancelled through an eir store?

Hi scriba, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks Tracey, for your condolences and your reply. One further question - can the accounts be cancelled through an eir store?
    No problem.

Unfortunately, the cancellation has to be done over the phone. They'll be able to assist you with all there. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Unfortunately digging up my original thread here. 

I contacted Eir on 21 November last to cancel my deceased father's mobile account. I spoke to a representative (I have the name and time of the call) who told me that the number and account number would be cancelled and that all fees would be waived. However, my father's ex-landlord recently forwarded on some post to me, including a letter from eir demanding an outstanding balance and informing that an additional termination charge will be added, followed by the details being passed to a Debt Collection Agency. 

I have tried to contact Eir via several methods (1901, 1905, 014115038 Credit Control Team etc) but because the number has been cancelled and the account number isn't recognized, I can't get past the automated section of the calls to speak to a human, while the chat respondents wouldn't help.

Furthermore, this is the second time I've had to do this in relation to Eir - as they neglected to cancel my father's home phone and broadband package after promising that they would, despite it being cancelled and all necessary details provided at the time back in November. Thankfully I was able to resolve this with a phone call in March - at least, I hope it was resolved. 

Can a rep please respond to this asap? I need a direct contact for someone to resolve this. Thanks. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Unfortunately digging up my original thread here. 

I contacted Eir on 21 November last to cancel my deceased father's mobile account. I spoke to a representative (I have the name and time of the call) who told me that the number and account number would be cancelled and that all fees would be waived. However, my father's ex-landlord recently forwarded on some post to me, including a letter from eir demanding an outstanding balance and informing that an additional termination charge will be added, followed by the details being passed to a Debt Collection Agency. 

I have tried to contact Eir via several methods (1901, 1905, 014115038 Credit Control Team etc) but because the number has been cancelled and the account number isn't recognized, I can't get past the automated section of the calls to speak to a human, while the chat respondents wouldn't help.

Furthermore, this is the second time I've had to do this in relation to Eir - as they neglected to cancel my father's home phone and broadband package after promising that they would, despite it being cancelled and all necessary details provided at the time back in November. Thankfully I was able to resolve this with a phone call in March - at least, I hope it was resolved. 

Can a rep please respond to this asap? I need a direct contact for someone to resolve this. Thanks. 
    Hi scriba ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Advertisement

Thanks Thomas, I've sent a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Thanks Thomas, I've sent a pm.
    I have received your PM and I will reply shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gordon08

Hi there..

I have been trying to close my mother's eir mobile account as she died during 2018. Unfortunately I cannot speak to anyone as the eir system ends the enquiry automatically as her phone number is cancelled on your system. I then tried online chat for two hours- but was transferred and the chat was dropped on three separate occasions today. So other than by letter post, this is the last mechanism that is available to me to close my dead mother's account. I'm also concerned that you are continuing to hold personal data without permission. I'd appreciate if someone would come back to me to resolve this issue.Thanks.

Gordon08 wrote: »
    Hi there..

I have been trying to close my mother's eir mobile account as she died during 2018. Unfortunately I cannot speak to anyone as the eir system ends the enquiry automatically as her phone number is cancelled on your system. I then tried online chat for two hours- but was transferred and the chat was dropped on three separate occasions today. So other than by letter post, this is the last mechanism that is available to me to close my dead mother's account. I'm also concerned that you are continuing to hold personal data without permission. I'd appreciate if someone would come back to me to resolve this issue.Thanks.
    Hi Gordon08, 

I'm very sorry for your loss, I understand this is a difficult time. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having closing your mother's account. To organise this you will need to send an email to accountchange@eir.ie including all account details, the death cert and as much information as you have. They will process this for you and advise you on all. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement