Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show 03-11-17

Comments

De cockroaches do be very nourishing so. Must give em a try

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No mention of his father, I wonder why :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The dark hand of media handling all over him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 TommyTucker2

See if Ibrahim knows the answer to that question :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Berserker wrote: »
    Should have got transferred to Mountjoy. PS4, best of food, gym, education available on demand.....

And a medical card when your released.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

How nice, he wants to help everybody

Them boys like to help the infidels by running them over with a lorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

Aren't his sisters sueing the state?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That interview was done under his control.

Ryan let along by the nose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

To sum it all up we are racist

Well the people who are saying that he should go back to his own country are, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

baldbear wrote: »

Yes

Start with his age. He looks at least 35 years old

The sisters said just prior to his release that his appearance had changed radically. They were preparing us for this,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

anna080 wrote: »
    Not buying his story doesn't make one a racist. It's immature and insulting, grow up.

Enough about yourself.

Good interview, went away a boy, came back a man I guess. Quiet articulate and modest. An honest account with regrets and upsets from a very young 21 year old who's being through more that anyone on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Nigella Lawson cooking up a storm.

Could he not come up with a better cliche than that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

I found him unconvincing, immature and dishonest. I’ve finally joined up with those who’ve questioned him from the start.

Yes

Suing us?

You're kidding? What for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

The trip to N Korea for the 3 lads would be gold, I don't know what Kim would make of John Halligan...
    000ee480-800.jpg

Big Bang in Pyonyang 2 :eek::D:D

p11560190_p_v8_ab.jpg

I guess the moral of the story is, going to the cinema can land you on stage at a rally where you could end up in a mosque with the army wanting to arrest you.
    So be careful going to the cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

This thread makes me think of about two dozen taxi drivers making essentially the same point all at once, ad nauseum, and prefacing every statement with the qualifying, "I'm not a racist, but..."

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Enough about yourself.

Good interview, went away a boy, came back a man I guess. Quiet articulate and modest. An honest account with regrets and upsets from a very young 21 year old who's being through more that anyone on this thread.

Why did his father leave him do this at 17

Yes, but Tubs wont ask those sort of awkward questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

NIMAN wrote: »
    That interview was done under his control.

Ryan let along by the nose.

I dont think Ryan was too sympathetic to him. I just think Ryan is a lazy poor interviewer. Ryan probably couldnt be arsed and went for the easy interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

anna080 wrote: »
    Not buying his story doesn't make one a racist. It's immature and insulting, grow up.
    In fact the only one who keeps bringing up his race is you

A lot of people made their minds up about him a long time ago, and nothing he said during that interview was going to change their mind. Tubridy asked the difficult questions, and he answered them. He was a seventeen year old, who got jailed for four years without a trial. He has been found guilty of no crime at all. I'm sorry that you think it's immature and insulting, but I do not believe that people would be this angry about him if he was white and had an Irish name. And of course they're not stupid enough to directly bring his race up - their racism is far sneakier than that.

He came across as a decent lad but the line about just turning up at a rally, ending up on stage, just doesn't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mattser

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Tubs could do with some time in that prison to build him up.

:D:D:D Fcukin brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

He's 21 now. I didn't know his father left him to be honest. Plenty of Irish fathers leave their kids at much younger ages, but don't let that upset you.

Arghus wrote: »
    This thread makes me think of about two dozen taxi drivers making essentially the same point all at once, ad nauseum, and prefacing every statement with the qualifying, "I'm not a racist, but..."

How is racism even an issue here.

Are you seeing the fact that he's middle eastern a and projecting your stuff on people making reasonable points unrelated to race

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

This is the first time I've heard his story really and tbh I found him extremely unconvincing. And what are the rumours about his father about?

Any 17 year old Irish Lad would have had more cop on

I think he pushed the bounds of credibility when he said "who is aware of religion" when they are 17. He made a point of saying that he had gone to a Christian Brothers school. Did he not have any questions for the Christian Brothers like "You're saying my Da has the wrong end of the stick then, are you? "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

What? I thought his father was a main Muslim brotherhood man?
    See it was a useful interview for some. There was greater outrage at Joan Burton wrongly imprisoned in a car for 2 hours than this chap for 4 years. Even if worse case scenario people think he as a 17 year old was only there for a protest, the lack of interest in him been prisoned without trial for that for so long cant hardly be put down to thinking he deserved it, even if they tell themselves as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Enough about yourself.

Was that grown ups attempt at "I know you are but what am I"
    The infantilism knows no bounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

I don't care but the Hijabs looked completely out of place in the audience. They don't need to cover up like that. It should have no place in Irish society. Just feels so backward.

Some posters were saying that he should go back to his own country. That is racist.
    I don't care but the Hijabs looked completely out of place in the audience. They don't need to cover up like that. It should have no place in Irish society. Just feels so backward.

Jesus wept.

He's 21 now. I didn't know his father left him to be honest. Plenty of Irish fathers leave their kids at much younger ages, but don't let that upset you.

Where are you getting that I said his father left him

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

NIMAN wrote: »
    Suing us?

You're kidding? What for?

For being too slow to give their husbands visas

I wonder what did Imelda May cancel tonight to sing for Conor McGregor before he makes his entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A dubalin rose

Bleedin massive

Are you seeing the fact that he's middle eastern a and projecting your stuff on people making reasonable points unrelated to race

The people saying it is racism are the ones who see race as an issue, and not the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

RobertKK wrote: »
    I guess the moral of the story is, going to the cinema can land you on stage at a rally where you could end up in a mosque with the army wanting to arrest you.
    So be careful going to the cinema.
    I've heard a few x factor winners say that is how they ended up too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Jaysus, Imelda is looking fierce well. The new hairstyle takes years off her.

• Advertisement

But sure the girls want to wear them.

Jaysus Chrissie Hinde has never looked better

The feminists in Ireland will give out about a builder wolf whistling at them as they walk by, but they wont saying anything about Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Some posters were saying that he should go back to his own country. That is racist.

Jesus wept.

But he is back in his own country

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I found his claim to not support the Muslim Brotherhood about as convincing as Jerry Adams saying he was never in the IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I can’t believe that I got banned for less than has been posted tonight
    We are not racist but realists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

There's been a number of people posting here saying he should go back to his own country, calling him a terrorist, jihadi, etc, etc. That's racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Evening all, long time no see. Caught the last few mins of the interview. What's with his Da? And why are the sisters suing the state?

Imelda, great voice, like the change is style, but the blinking of the hair in the eyes really gets my goat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Ibrahim Halawa..... not sure of he knows what the heck he is talking about. He clearly rallied on stage, looked like a leader in the mosque and he wonders why he goes to prison?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Jesus wept.

Being against emigration doesn't make someone racist, people who are anti emigration are also against white emigration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Hope Tubridy isn't afraid to ask the difficult questions. Like why did Imelda May get rid of the quiff and quit the rockabilly stuff?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement