Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains smoke alarms

Options
  • 03-11-2017 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Looking at replacing the smoke alarms in my house.

The ones being replaced are Firex GC240 ionisation units that are waaaay past their time, and are something along the lines of the more recent Kidde KF1 if I'm right.

Where would be a good place to pick up a couple of these or equivalent?
    Preference is for ones that I can just pop on without having to change out the connectors or base plates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lostphrophet

Codpeas wrote: »
    Looking at replacing the smoke alarms in my house.

The ones being replaced are Firex GC240 ionisation units that are waaaay past their time, and are something along the lines of the more recent Kidde KF1 if I'm right.

Where would be a good place to pick up a couple of these or equivalent?
    Preference is for ones that I can just pop on without having to change out the connectors or base plates.

Its simple to replace the connectors / base plates, just pick up some Wired Smoke alarms in your local electrical suppliers they come with new base plates about 10 euro will take you about 5 mins per alarm :D
    just did it myself this morning. mine old ones were 15 years old ! They have a life span of 8 - 10 years after that replace

CWE in Coolmine Industrial Estate

Advertisement