Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending video messages to an elderly person

Options
  • 03-11-2017 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've a grand mother 94 or 95. She is home alone in rural Ireland for some time (with Wifi). I'd love to be able to send her vids every now and again. I was initially thinking of something like whatapp/skype video messages rather than something live... but live is ok too.

She has a mobile, but not a smart one. She used to have skype on the TV, but that sort of stuff is gone nowadays and it was live only.

BK has pointed me to https://nucleuslife.com/ which is ok. It says its for US/Canada... but it should work here... its probably just a delivery thing.

I'd love the idea of being able to push content to her; like the odd podcast or video message or perhaps youtube video.

Any recommendations?

[edit] Perhaps I should have an android tablet with ok google on it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

Have a look at the new echo show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

My mother is in her 80s and i send her telegram videos.

She plays Scrabble with me on line too.

Scrabble was the key to getting her online as she was always interested in it anyway.

Advertisement