Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one sees me in full body lycra suit ...Shoot me

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ultraman100

mon..5.5 miles run .(4k @ effort)
    tue..2hr 40 bike
    4 mile run..
    wed...massage
    thurs...more massage
    fri fock.all
    sat fock.all
    sun.fock all.:(

mon...4 mile run
    tue..10 me mt run
    60 min turbo.
    wed 4 mile run
    60 min turbo
    thursday 60k bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Going well A. Will you get an opportunity to head to Donegal before the Race to recce any of the course?

Neady83 wrote: »
    Going well A. Will you get an opportunity to head to Donegal before the Race to recce any of the course?

Cheers...no chance of that.i assume course is idiot proof......work weekends and am house husband during week....and only told Mrs Um1 last week that Im doin it..got a kayak last week so will give it a lash on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Cheers...no chance of that.i assume course is idiot proof......work weekends and am house husband during week....and only told Mrs Um1 last week that Im doin it..got a kayak last week so will give it a lash on sunday

I know it is not the ideal way to recce the course, but I check out the course maps and use google map satellite view with the little man :D and follow the roads I used it for Achill and Lilliput legend I knew I had hills to tackle and was expecting them to be hard and in turn they were easier than expected. I also used https://www.plotaroute.com/ so I could work out my expected finishing time taking average speed and hills into account.

It's not ideal, but better than heading out and not know what to expect :) might work for you.

• Advertisement

mon...4 mile run
    tue..10 mil mt run
    60 min turbo.
    wed 4 mile run
    60 min turbo
    thursday 60k bike
    fri...4 mile run
    45 min turbo
    sat..4+ mile run
    45 min turbo
    sun..50 min turbo

mon..4 + mile run
    tue...4+ mile run
    wed .0
    thurs 70+ k bile

]mon..4 + mile run
    tue...4+ mile run
    wed .0
    thurs 70+ k bike
    fri 2k row indoor
    sat..11 mile @mp,2k row indoor,73k bike

mon 0
    tue 63 k bike
    wed 43k bike
    thurs..1 hr kayal #didntdoaneady
    fri.6 mile + run..

mon 0
    tue 63 k bike
    wed 43k bike
    thurs..1 hr kayal #didntdoaneady
    fri.6 mile + run..
    sat 1 hr turbo

• Advertisement

mon
    tue.4 mile run
    1 hr turbo
    wed..2hr bike

I forgot to reply to this. The course is idiot proof, no fear of getting lost as there are little yellow flags all over the place and marshals in a few spots where the traffic is heavy.

If you get a chance when you drop the bike on the Friday of the race, no harm to drive the first bike section to get a feel for the ups and downs, the exposed areas and no harm to get a look at Lough Salt before you tackle it on the bike :) It's mighty fun.

I see you're going well on the kayak #didntdoaneady :D

mon
    tue.4 mile run
    1 hr turbo
    wed..2hr bike
    thurs..3.5hr bike

tues...6+ mile run
    wed...2.5hr bike
    thurs..10 mile run

tues...6+ mile run
    wed...2.5hr bike
    thurs..10 mile run
    fri..eazy 3 mile
    sat 60k bike ...lusk marathon 60k bike
    sun ..11k run in forest
    hate da fockin bike

Cracking brick session, nice confidence booster.

You'll be fair sick of the bike this time two weeks.

p.s. if there's any spare gear you need for the Race, I've loads and I'll be in Glendalough next weekend so can bring anything you need up with me. It's a pain in the ass to plan to have enough of everything in each of the boxes. I've a cag and all that jazz.

tue..snappy 5k run
    wed..4k kayak

Too early to start looking at the long term forecast and doing the anti-rain/wind/snow and ice dance?

Neady83 wrote: »
    Too early to start looking at the long term forecast and doing the anti-rain/wind/snow and ice dance?

the poxyier the weather the better.....(mite cancel dat fockin kayak :) )

the poxyier the weather the better.....(mite cancel dat fockin kayak :) )

you might have your wish LOL still early to say completely it could change but I guess plan for the worst weather
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106220562&postcount=4760

• Advertisement

tue..snappy 5k run
    wed..4k kayak
    fri...easy 20mile on canal

cancelled....
    anyone wanna buy some lycra,2 pairs of goves,a pair of those jocks with the arse pads,2 pairs of cycling socks,a helmet,4 clear 35 lt boxes,6 cans of coke,a 5 pack of double deckers,bag of fun size mixed choc bars...open to offers

Just heard, gutted for you and all the other competitors A. I'd be sick to the core after all the preparation.

A difficult decision for the race organisers but in fairness, they've made it with as much time as possible and I've no doubt that they gave serious thought.

Coast2Coast is in May, you could put your training to some use.

hang on to them, may be I am wrong but are they not going ahead another weekend.

So disappointing I had 9 club member heading up and they are all very disappointed today although I can understand why they had to call it just to risky

Baby75 wrote: »
    hang on to them, may be I am wrong but are they not going ahead another weekend.

So disappointing I had 9 club member heading up and they are all very disappointed today although I can understand why they had to call it just to risky
    u in kilcullen?8

u in kilcullen?8

No, not even a tri club lol our local Bootcamp/ spin/ running club some did it last year and more heading up this year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Rotten luck there Anto, hopefully you get to do the rescheduled date.

You could always double down and buy a pair of speedo's...

Kurt.Godel wrote: »

You could always double down and buy a pair of speedo's...
    way ahead of you there Kurt..

way ahead of you there Kurt..

:eek::eek::eek: That is all

p.s. heard from a Donegal lad that there's no official word yet but October is being looked at for the reschedule of the race

• Advertisement

You better get back on the bike and toughen up that ass .... April 14th for the Race I believe

Advertisement