Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV soffit instalation

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

There's no way the cable can be brought from the attic through the soffit tight to the wall so that the wall mounted camera can conceal the cable? Or are they just back entry only?

Of course you could do that and to be fair you did not suggest that at first, but imo it would be awkward, possibly look untidy and may have have some of the cable exposed so if the soffit is available then i would use that which also would save on having to use a box and the hassle of working tight against the soffit and wall to get into the attic.

Again these things all depend on the building so it would be up to the installer to decide his/her best option and again back to the OPs original question., yes it is ok to mount a camera on a pvc soffit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

alta stare wrote: »
    Of course you could do that and to be fair you did not suggest that at first, but imo it would be awkward, possibly look untidy and may have have some of the cable exposed so if the soffit is available then i would use that which also would save on having to use a box and the hassle of working tight against the soffit and wall to get into the attic.

Again these things all depend on the building so it would be up to the installer to decide his/her best option and again back to the OPs original question., yes it is ok to mount a camera on a pvc soffit.

That's exactly what I suggested,But if its the easier and professional way to mount a dome camera ie on the soffit then on you go.

That's exactly what I suggested,But if its the easier and professional way to mount a dome camera ie on the soffit then on you go.

You were on about cutting out bits and all that lark when there may be no need to do such a thing. By all means mount it to the wall but many professionals i know in the industry would go the soffit route as it works and is easily accessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

alta stare wrote:
    Id still like to know if you mount your camera to a wall how would you get the cable(s) to the camera?

Any professional can do that very easily especially if the camera is close to a soffit.

kub wrote: »
    Any professional can do that very easily especially if the camera is close to a soffit.

Indeed they could by why would they bother if they dont have to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭altor

I'd be more worried about them being pulled off. Can never understand why lads cant mount them on the wall. Maybe I'm missing something blatant here....

Id be the same, the wall before the soffit.
    If they are up high for over view of an area then the soffit is a handy fix.

Advertisement