Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking Data Usage

Options
  • 03-11-2017 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if there is an easy way to check how much data you have remaining. I'm on the pre-pay simplicity plan and when I go into the myeir app all I can find is an itemized list of usage, which isn't very useful. When I was with Meteor in the past I used to text balance to 50104 and it would tell me how many minutes, texts and data I had left is there something similar with Eir? And when I was with Vodafone on the main screen of the app you had easy access to your usage information.

I don't understand why this information can't just be clearly displayed in the myeir app...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Ronan14 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if there is an easy way to check how much data you have remaining. I'm on the pre-pay simplicity plan and when I go into the myeir app all I can find is an itemized list of usage, which isn't very useful. When I was with Meteor in the past I used to text balance to 50104 and it would tell me how many minutes, texts and data I had left is there something similar with Eir? And when I was with Vodafone on the main screen of the app you had easy access to your usage information.

I don't understand why this information can't just be clearly displayed in the myeir app...
    Hi Ronan14,

Thanks for getting in touch. You should be able to text 'balance' to 50104 to get this information with us too. can you try this and let me know if you experience any issues please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi Ronan14,

Thanks for getting in touch. You should be able to text 'balance' to 50104 to get this information with us too. can you try this and let me know if you experience any issues please?

- Adam
    I also would like this to be featured in the app. It seems a very natural feature to provide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi Ronan14,

- Adam
    When I do that I get this message back:
    "Sorry.  Your message was not recognized. Please check your shortcode or go to www.eir.ie for more information."
    Either way how come this information isn't featured in the myeir app?

Hey Eir, am I going to get a response to this? I text balance to 50104 and got this back: "Sorry.  Your message was not recognized. Please check your shortcode or go to www.eir.ie for more information."

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

Hey Eir, am I going to get a response to this? I text balance to 50104 and got this back: "Sorry.  Your message was not recognized. Please check your shortcode or go to www.eir.ie for more information."

Text balance data to 50104 ....again I think this should be available in the app ...very annoying

• Advertisement

Hi Ronan14,

I sincerely apologise for the delay here. I'm afraid we wouldn't know why this can't be viewed by the app as these decisions are made internally, however, I have passed your feedback about this on to the relevant department. Can you text 'balance data' to 50104 please?

- Adam

Balance data worked thanks!

Balance data worked thanks!
    No worries, glad to hear this.

- Adam

Advertisement