Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millerstown Kilcock New Development

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dev84

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Was up there today looking at the houses. Very nice houses but the river at the front didn't sit right with me.
    They are digging a wider flood plain on the left side of the bridge if you are looking out from the houses.

The ground in front of the houses was like a swamp.

Yeh its not great tbh. Im not sure if there is any chance of the houses actually flooding themselves but you would be concerned about the river. The flood plain will be like a lake 6 months of the year. The houses aint going for peanuts either. I would assume they will be next or near impossible to insure.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Was up there today looking at the houses. Very nice houses but the river at the front didn't sit right with me.
    They are digging a wider flood plain on the left side of the bridge if you are looking out from the houses.

The ground in front of the houses was like a attenuation pond.

FYP.... :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bigsheepdog

Madness that the ring road, a bypass of kilcock in other words, is passing through the estate. I know if i had young kids its not something i would like. Will be very busy road

Madness that the ring road, a bypass of kilcock in other words, is passing through the estate. I know if i had young kids its not something i would like. Will be very busy road

Have they sold any?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

But that's probably why they got planning? It will likely be similar to Clane.

• Advertisement

ixus wrote: »
    But that's probably why they got planning? It will likely be similar to Clane.

The planning is questionable though. Especially with the fact of knowing the flooding issues in the area.

I wouldnt take the plans to seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Going to be a real test of the flood planning when all this snow melts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Patser wrote: »
    Going to be a real test of the flood planning when all this snow melts.

How is the water feature doing today?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

Some high water in Maynooth today so I wonder what it's like upstream.

It's fine. Drove by in the last hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 kevin67

Anyone else says that Kilcock is a violent town will get a slap from me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tespor

I see there is another open viewing at Millerstown tomorrow evening from 5pm-6pm. Does anyone know if there are many left to sell at this stage?

are the rumours true that the show case was flooded last year??
    if you can get insurance, and the flooding doesn't reach to the houses and you are happy to have that massive lake when there is a heavy downpour (which is happening more regularly with every year)
    then go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

kevin67 wrote: »
    are the rumours true that the show case was flooded last year??
    if you can get insurance, and the flooding doesn't reach to the houses and you are happy to have that massive lake when there is a heavy downpour (which is happening more regularly with every year)
    then go for it

No, where did you hear that rumour? The rain came a few weeks after the show house's were open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AcPee

We pulled out as unable to get insurance...I know a family who signed contacts prior to the flood and are now suing the builder as they are refusing to return their deposit.

Is this true?? My partner met the builder and he mentioned that if we change our minds about the property he will give us back the deposit right away. And we will were able to insure the house without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

When is the road through the estate going to be complete?
    So traffic can bypass the village?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Estate is open now people have moved in, houses look well in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

liam7831 wrote: »
    Estate is open now people have moved in, houses look well in fairness.

Suckers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

AcPee wrote: »
    Is this true?? My partner met the builder and he mentioned that if we change our minds about the property he will give us back the deposit right away. And we will were able to insure the house without any problems.

With who ?

What provider gave you insurance?

anyone know the people that moved in, and ask them all the questions we are dying to know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 AcPee

listermint wrote: »
    With who ?

What provider gave you insurance?

Did u buy in millerstown as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

AcPee wrote: »
    Did u buy in millerstown as well?

No just intrigued by a random sign up

is it true it is the builder providing this insurance??

I would just be curious for the ones that have moved in how difficult it was getting insurance and were there any restrictions. ie not covered for flood damage

• Registered Users Posts: 68,900 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I wouldn't take any insurance underwritten by the developer as they will have no reason to continue assisting once everything is sold.

Like homebond on pyrite....

A lot of field work going on behind supervalu towards Summertime road at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kababo

Hi all,

Myself and my girlfriend have just met the builder and some residents today in this estate. The feedback is very positive and we have heard from the residents that they have been able to get insurance and are really enjoying the estate. We are going to put a deposit down on one of the front row houses.

The builder has also told us that further stone mould drainage work is to take place next week to complete the drainage work.

Is anyone else in the group thinking of purchasing or are we completely bonkers? A friend of mine who is also an engineer has assured me that the new drainage works are to cater for 1/100 flood event which again reassured us. I honestly wouldn’t mind some water on the bank for a day or two following heavy rain as I’m well used to looking at it in every corner of Ireland following any kind of downpour.

Would be great to get any further thoughts from residents or potential buyers.

Many thanks
    KB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

Kababo wrote: »
    Hi all,

I honestly wouldn’t mind some water on the bank for a day or two following heavy rain as I’m well used to looking at it in every corner of Ireland following any kind of downpour.

Would be great to get any further thoughts from residents or potential buyers.

Many thanks
    KB

If you were absolutely guaranteed to only have "some water on the bank for a day or two following heavy rain", then that would be acceptable enough, IMO. However, last winter had water covering most of the green area in front of the location you intend to buy for days upon days on end. I'd make sure there is something in writing from the developers that what happened last winter should not occur again until the next century.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Best of luck with the move. I hope you are very happy (And mostly dry) for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,900 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The flood works to cope with a 1 in 100 year flood should have been there before any houses were built. They weren't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

L1011 wrote: »
    The flood works to cope with a 1 in 100 year flood should have been there before any houses were built. They weren't.

But I am sure they will be finished correctly now the houses are built :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement