Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millerstown Kilcock New Development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kababo

Hi all,

Myself and my GF have now pulled out of this estate as we have been unable to get house insurance to cover us.

Regards
    KB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

mloc123 wrote: »
    But I am sure they will be finished correctly now the houses are built :pac:

I was in there yesterday. No sign of flooding at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Kababo wrote: »
    Hi all,

Myself and my GF have now pulled out of this estate as we have been unable to get house insurance to cover us.

Regards
    KB

Good choice , that estate will be absolutely huge after it’s all finished with a through road to bypass village. Traffic will be a nightmare. No thanks .

The flood plain is too risky especially the way the weathers going in the winter . Any rain at all will leave a huge pool of water at front of the estate and probably in other parts of estate too. Too dangerous for kids too .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭highdef

There's been virtually no rain rain for several weeks and we are in a drought at the moment. I doubt that there any floods anywhere in the country due to rainfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

How are they going to sell them if you can't get house insurance ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I really hope that was a joke :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I was there as well. No sign of any of the snow from March either. All gone.
    liam7831 wrote: »
    How are they going to sell them if you can't get house insurance ?

I believe you have to get it put into the contract and assume the liability for the house if anything goes wrong.

I do know of a lawyer who is telling people to avoid buying here as if it goes wrong, the expense is on you...

Are they covered under Homebond?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Are they covered under Homebond?

Ye mandatory 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 68,900 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Homebond is a placebo really.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Homebond is a placebo really.

You're being generous here!

lordgoat wrote: »
    I believe you have to get it put into the contract and assume the liability for the house if anything goes wrong.

Is that Sean Reilly's company , the buyer or Sean Reilly personally?

Is that Sean Reilly's company , the buyer or Sean Reilly personally?

No idea what you're on about or who or what Sean Reilly is! Sorry!

lordgoat wrote: »
    No idea what you're on about or who or what Sean Reilly is! Sorry!

No worries! Thought that was the builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Article in Sunday business post. Developer taking Meath coco to court over flood plain demands. Looks like part of it included flood work on land they don't own.

Also appears residents don't have insurance but are backed by developer.

". Additional flood management works on third party lands outside the development, requested by the council, do not offer any additional protection to the Millerstown development.”"

...but there has to be plans for any knock on effect...they wouldn't have gotten planning without this Shirley?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

ixus wrote: »
    ". Additional flood management works on third party lands outside the development, requested by the council, do not offer any additional protection to the Millerstown development.”"

...but there has to be plans for any knock on effect...they wouldn't have gotten planning without this Shirley?!

Don't call me Shirley ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Article in Sunday business post. Developer taking Meath coco to court over flood plain demands. Looks like part of it included flood work on land they don't own.

Also appears residents don't have insurance but are backed by developer.

Crazy. What does "backed by developer" even mean?

What happen when the developer stops backing them or goes bankrupt.

You mean like Homebond and pyrite for some developers in the last crisis?!

• Advertisement

You mean like Homebond and pyrite for some developers in the last crisis?!

Exactly. Im shocked that the banks fundingthe mortgages are excepting this as a legitimate form of insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭djbulldogg1983

Exactly. Im shocked that the banks fundingthe mortgages are excepting this as a legitimate form of insurance.

I don’t know where you are all getting your information from?
    Firstly none of the houses are insured via the developer.
    Everyone who has purchased a home there have gotten home insurance with flood protection included via independent insurance providers.
    Secondly the houses never flooded to the show homes. Another runout spread by people who don’t know what they are talking about.
    The houses were as per planning which ALWAYS included a flood attenuation zone at the front of the estate. There are also flood attenuation tanks under the front green.
    The works being carried out outside of the development lands are being completed due to wording in the planning application being open to interpretation. It said “all flood works” to be completed.
    McGarrell Reilly carried out all flood works to their lands for Millerstown however Meath CoCo insisted that they do the works all the way up as far as Boyectown. The builder has now finished these works and they have raised a judicial review in order for this debacle to come to an end.

Would appreciate if somebody could share the Sunday Business Post article?

Suckers

Haters are gonna hate :)
    Some people inform themselves on the technical information and do their due diligence.
    Houses are safe from flooding with the exception of a flood of epic proportions which would have half of the houses in Kilcock under water.

Would appreciate if somebody could share the Sunday Business Post article?

Leinster Leader link above is almost verbatim.

Leinster Leader link above is almost verbatim.

Thanks.
    I read that one already.
    Lazy journalism by the SBP so :)

If you're more in the know, would you mind explaining why developer had to do the following:

The spokesperson concluded: “During this process of discussion with the council, we provided caretaker agreements for purchasers to allow them to take possession of their properties until the issue is resolved.”

If you're more in the know, would you mind explaining why developer had to do the following:

The spokesperson concluded: “During this process of discussion with the council, we provided caretaker agreements for purchasers to allow them to take possession of their properties until the issue is resolved.”

Because people had sold their previous homes under the premise that their new homes were ready to move into.
    The CoCo at no stage had given any indication that they were unhappy with the estate and it was presumed that they would sign off the estate as compliant.
    Let’s be very clear here. There is nothing under review RE flood works in the estate lands. This work has been completed as per the FRAMS and as per planning permission.
    The issue is the works upstream of the estate which are nothing to do with the developer. However the developer conceded that the wording “all flood works” could be interpreted as all works upstream (even though this is not how they interpreted it).
    After rejection of final sign-off the developer conceded and carried out the works off-site in order to comply with Meath CoCo’s interpretation.
    Now Meath CoCo are seemingly still not satisfied and have given no indication that they will sign-off hence McGarrell Reilly calling for a Judicial Review.
    The residents of the estate are living there at risk as they have mortgage approvals that will run-out and they will need to reapply.
    Meath CoCo are now putting over 50 families at risk. This needs to be resolved.
    There is a risidual risk that the houses may flood, but the houses are built outside of the 1/1000 year flood zone so the risk is very unlikely.
    If there is a flood that happens outside of the 1/1000 year event then many more estates in Kilcock are also at risk and anywhere in the vicinity of the Rye River should these water levels ever occur.
    Too many people with opinions formed by hearsay and rumour.
    Yes the estate looks crazy when the water breaks the bank.
    But the rain event last November was the second highest water levels experienced in recorded history of the river and it still was contained within the basin as it was designed to do. It actually proved the engineering, yet reading posts in here you would swear that the houses were 6ft under water.

Because people had sold their previous homes under the premise that their new homes were ready to move into.
    The CoCo at no stage had given any indication that they were unhappy with the estate and it was presumed that they would sign off the estate as compliant.
    Let’s be very clear here. There is nothing under review RE flood works in the estate lands. This work has been completed as per the FRAMS and as per planning permission.
    The issue is the works upstream of the estate which are nothing to do with the developer. However the developer conceded that the wording “all flood works” could be interpreted as all works upstream (even though this is not how they interpreted it).
    After rejection of final sign-off the developer conceded and carried out the works of site in order to. Imply with Meath CoCo’s interpretation.
    Now Meath CoCo are seemingly still not satisfied and have given no indication that they will sign-off hence McGarrell Reilly calling for a Jusicial Review.
    The residents of the estate are living there at risk as they have mortgage approvals that will run-out and they will need to reapply.
    Meath CoCo are now putting over 50 families at risk. This needs to be resolved.

The developer is doing a lot of conceding there.

Id say he might have to concede he is as much to blame as the coco. He sold houses without final sign off? Ffs. I bet the buyers werent aware at the time.

• Advertisement

The developer is doing a lot of conceding there.

Id say he might have to concede he is as much to blame as the coco. He sold houses without final sign off? Ffs. I bet the buyers werent aware at the time.
    Yes, they did concede and yes I believe they should have.
    But now Meath CoCo are being unreasonable.
    People living there have not drawn down on their mortgages. They are living as caretakers until the CoCo sign-off the estate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement