Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viagogo.com

Options
  • 04-11-2017 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi, does anyone have any experience, or know if this is a reputable site? I bought tickets for a gig on it, and now it's in my head - thanks to a well meaning friend 😏 - that I might been ripped off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 buggles

Thank you sugarman 😀

I got screwed over by ticketmaster - had tickets secured three times & when I went to compete the transaction there was suddenly a "problem" - so I ended paying significantly more on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 buggles

Hi sugarman,

I've never heard of Toutless before, thanks for the tip. The gig is in the UK, so holding off wasn't an option in this instance.
    I've heard that about Seatwave. If I hadn't been able to secure tickets I would've understood as the gigs sold out quickly. I'm still pissed that I was able to secure tickets and not proceed with purchasing them. They will be getting a sternly worded email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

I have seen many, many people getting screwed buying tickets from there.

Multiple copies of the same print at home ticket being sold to multiple people, fake & cancelled tickets etc

The people don't find out until they try to enter which makes it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Viagogo is a legalised tout site.

Try toutless.com or adverts.ie Although, with it being a uk gig, you may struggle. What's the gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

buggles wrote: »
    Hi sugarman,

I've never heard of Toutless before, thanks for the tip. The gig is in the UK, so holding off wasn't an option in this instance.
    I've heard that about Seatwave. If I hadn't been able to secure tickets I would've understood as the gigs sold out quickly. I'm still pissed that I was able to secure tickets and not proceed with purchasing them. They will be getting a sternly worded email.

Toutless is fine if the gig isn't in particularly high demand. If it is, all you'll see on Toutless are messages from people who want tickets. For the most high profile gigs, it's useless.

I've used Viagogo once. It was fine. It's touting but with the knowledge that you won't get screwed out of your money. If you're ok with paying over the odds plus some pretty mad service fees, then go for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement