Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make iPhone ring/repeat Gmail label notification

Options
  • 04-11-2017 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I work on call, and to save me having to constantly monitor an inbox, I am trying to make my iPhone ring or repeat a notification for Gmail, but only a specific label.

On Android there is the option to set ring tones (rather than short notification sounds) for labels, but unfortunately there is no such option on IOS. I have installed Boxer, and although I can set it to only alert me to a specific gmail label, it will not let me set a long ringtone, only single notifications - without a repeat option.

Is there anyway to do this? I basically want my iPhone to make noise until I have looked at the email, from a specific Gmail label only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

dusf wrote: »
    I work on call, and to save me having to constantly monitor an inbox, I am trying to make my iPhone ring or repeat a notification for Gmail, but only a specific label.

On Android there is the option to set ring tones (rather than short notification sounds) for labels, but unfortunately there is no such option on IOS. I have installed Boxer, and although I can set it to only alert me to a specific gmail label, it will not let me set a long ringtone, only single notifications - without a repeat option.

Is there anyway to do this? I basically want my iPhone to make noise until I have looked at the email, from a specific Gmail label only.

You can’t do it from the iOS settings, and I don’t see any way to do it on the Gmail app either. Have you looked at IFTTT? It can only make phone calls to US numbers but there might be some other way.

Advertisement