Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Ski gear Nov 9th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

My grandfather never got skiing, but he used to sit in front of a fire in gentle contemplation and occasionally intone the likes of the following "ceannaigh rud saor agus beidh tu gan aon rud, ceannaigh rud daor agus beidh agat saor rud"

As I say, he never got skiing, but I'm inclined to agree with him on this one (albeit it might be grand for kids)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

a148pro wrote: »
    My grandfather never got skiing, but he used to sit in front of a fire in gentle contemplation and occasionally intone the likes of the following "ceannaigh rud saor agus beidh tu gan aon rud, ceannaigh rud daor agus beidh agat saor rud"

As I say, he never got skiing, but I'm inclined to agree with him on this one (albeit it might be grand for kids)

It's been discussed a lot in this forum, as you well know! I reckon it's grand for adults who are learning, too. Worst case scenario, you no into the ski shop in the resort and buy something branded, on their bargain rail, best case scenario you get kitted out, cheaply, for an expensive sport you may, or may not, try again. I've only ever had good experiences with their gear, I know others haven't.

Yeah you're probably right, grand for beginners. Would be nuts to kit yourself out in good gear when you may never go again.

Incidentally i've seen a fair few billboard ads for ski holidays recently. The boom must be getting boomier again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

a148pro wrote: »
    Incidentally i've seen a fair few billboard ads for ski holidays recently. The boom must be getting boomier again.

Brits are brexiting and not spending money because the euro is stronger than they are used to.

stecleary wrote: »
    Brits are brexiting and not spending money because the euro is stronger than they are used to.

They must be getting hammered for their trips alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

A lot of the Brit skiers would be mostly 'well healed' / toffs....... therefore the collapse of the uk £ might not have as big an impact as it might have on the 'cohort' of the Brit population that go to say such places as 'benidorm'

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Picked up a few bits in Lidl Rathmines last night and there wasnt much left. Kids jackets and salopettes mainly. No sign of the goggles or helmets. One pair of mens socks left. etc.

On a related note, I've managed to pick bits from amazon warehouse recently. e.g Anon kids helmet for £14 and Sinner goggles for £6. Worth a look if you're looking for some cheap bits. Everything was I got was boxed with tags on. In some instances the box was tatty but that was about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Got the nippers kitted out, about €60 for the two of them. They'll wear it once, and the older fella's gear will get a second outing in two years. Just need a pair of goggles now! I assume Lidl/Aldi will bring out more stuff in the coming months?

Jaysis, am getting quear excited! :D

Just edited to say, Aldi ski gear Nov 26th.

Fewer people dressed as Tony the Tiger, or dinosaurs, is something to be celebrated.

cormee wrote: »
    Fewer people dressed as Tony the Tiger, or dinosaurs, is something to be celebrated.

leprechauns are much less cringe worthy

• Advertisement

leprechauns are much less cringe worthy

I've never seen anyone dressed in a leprechaun costume in my 17 years snowboarding.

cormee wrote: »
    I've never seen anyone dressed in a leprechaun costume in my 17 years snowboarding.

I have, a few times unfortunately

I have, a few times unfortunately

I wouldn't begrudge them if they were wearing the outfits on Paddy's Day, but any other time of the year I'd treat them with the same disdain.

Advertisement