Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth Coastal Tour 2017

Options
  • 04-11-2017 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭

Once again we are going to host this spin on Sunday November 19th leaving from Donore National School at 10.30am..Route as per previous editions..Not as per last year as we had to make changes due to the N2 roadworks.Back to original route this year.Will try and get a map posted.All proceeds to the school who make their premises available to us throughout the year.Cuppa etc on return..25kph controlled pace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Did most of this route this morning(started from Drogheda) Lovely spin.
    If weather is like today, we'll be in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

If the title isn't a typo then you guys are waaaay too organised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭wav1

fat bloke wrote: »
    If the title isn't a typo then you guys are waaaay too organised!
    Oops Sorry 2017.Was doing our dates for 2018 and submitting on the same night.Thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Stick up details when you have em. I've never cycled the Louth coast

Although the title may be wrong... this poster can make up for it! A nice spin taking in louths rolling roads! Be sure to contact 086-8192205 or 086-2739808 for any info needed!

• Advertisement

Route for this years cycle!

https://www.strava.com/activities/760773734

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Updated thread title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

strava link not showing for me.
    I would imagine a crew form VCB will be in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Dammit I'm working that date!
    Strava link just shows login page for me, but I suspect I've done a fair bit of this route in the past. Went as far as Clogerhead a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

VCB turning up to a DW spin always kinda reminds me of this, especially when Swords, Navan and Chuculainn turn up..... .

:)

• Advertisement

Long range forecast is looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Is there a route or strava link , the one here is not showing up ?

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1867600

This should be it! Looking forward to seeing you all!

Bump.

Another well run event from Wav1 and co.!
    Apart form the wrong turn 'event' and the faller (I am pretty sure he was ok) it was a crisp chilly lovely morning.
    Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

What was with all the bikes without mudguards? Lads and lassies it's winter.

Really enjoyable spin.

The faller remounted and finished the spin.
    When he got home, he was in a lot of pain, he went to A&E. Nothing broken, but he is being detained in hospital overnight for observation.
    This is not speculation.

Thanks Eamonn.
    I am outstanded that the whole spin didnt come down on that corner.

Thanks for everyone who came along today and thanks for the info Eamomn.Really appreciated by all of us at the club.

That was a great spin today, I really enjoyed it, even if it got a bit tasty towards the end. My average speed was a bit above the limit set by wav1.
    My highlight of the day was coming in the Collon road at about 45kph, sitting behind two riders, who were really well matched in size, both somewhat smaller than average. However one of them is 16 years old, the other 67 years old.

• Advertisement

Ah for the love of ..... I need to go to specsavers how did I miss this thread. I'll take it as a sign my back issue didn't have 80km to give :o

Was wondering why I was seeing lads out in 1's and 2's coming from donore when I was out with the dog around 2pm.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    That was a great spin today, I really enjoyed it, even if it got a bit tasty towards the end. My average speed was a bit above the limit set by wav1.
    My highlight of the day was coming in the Collon road at about 45kph, sitting behind two riders, who were really well matched in size, both somewhat smaller than average. However one of them is 16 years old, the other 67 years old.
    Both have a bit of talent Eamomn.

Advertisement