Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tamper PIR

Options
  • 04-11-2017 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I changed a faulty PIR this morning (Aritech ATS panel).

Happy it’s wired up correctly but can’t clear the tamper alarm that activated when I removed old one?

I’ve checked the pir wire connections and ensured it’s closed properly but tamper remains active?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Also it will prevent setting alarm at all as tamper active. I can’t even inhibit zone as tamper active. Anyway to bypass tamper?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Hi,

Happy it’s wired up correctly but can’t clear the tamper alarm that activated when I removed old one?

I’ve checked the pir wire connections and ensured it’s closed properly but tamper remains active?

Also it will prevent setting alarm at all as tamper active. I can’t even inhibit zone as tamper active. Anyway to bypass tamper?

Thanks
    Enter the unset code once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Phil.x wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    Enter the unset code once or twice.

Hi Phil. Thanks for reply. That’s does not solve. I know how to clear tamper from keypad. It’s just continues to say it’s still active.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

What panel have you, as in what model?

kub wrote: »
    What panel have you, as in what model?

Hi. Aritech ATS2000

Thanks

Hi. Aritech ATS2000

Thanks

Did you reinstate the resistors in the new beam?

You should have a 4k7 resistor going across the NC and C terminals of the beam, a cable from the panel should be in with one leg of that resistor in one of the aforementioned terminals.
    The other leg of the first resistor should be joined with a leg of a second one and in the other terminal ( NC or C ).
    Then the second leg of the second resistor should be on its own in a T or tamper terminal with the other cable from the panel in the other T or tamper terminal.
    Just make sure the lid is on properly then

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    Did you reinstate the resistors in the new beam?

You should have a 4k7 resistor going across the NC and C terminals of the beam, a cable from the panel should be in with one leg of that resistor in one of the aforementioned terminals.
    The other leg of the first resistor should be joined with a leg of a second one and in the other terminal ( NC or C ).
    Then the second leg of the second resistor should be on its own in a T or tamper terminal with the other cable from the panel in the other T or tamper terminal.
    Just make sure the lid is on properly then

Hi Kub. Thanks for that detailed reply - appreciated

Bit beyond my technical knowledge, but I noted no 4k7 resistors in original beam wiring which I have attached?

Is there a quick fix to bypass tamper at beam? I can then get a pro to sort in due course.

Or if I rewire the original faulty beam it should bring me back to square 1 albeit with no open tamper, therefore allowing me to at least set the alarm?

Thanks

Hi Kub. Thanks for that detailed reply - appreciated

Bit beyond my technical knowledge, but I noted no 4k7 resistors in original beam wiring which I have attached?

Is there a quick fix to bypass tamper at beam? I can then get a pro to sort in due course.

Or if I rewire the original faulty beam it should bring me back to square 1 albeit with no open tamper, therefore allowing me to at least set the alarm?

Thanks

Ah hold up,has your new beam inbuilt resistors,? Just your old one did, hence the black strip above the green wiring terminals.
    The only hope we have now is that your new one has likewise, what is the make and model of the new one or can you put up a picture ?

Hi Kub,

This is the new beam wired in showing active tamper despite wired as per faulty beam as per photo above.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Honeywell_Security/TSDT8012_Instructions.pdf

Hi Kub,

This is the new beam wired in showing active tamper despite wired as per faulty beam as per photo above.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Honeywell_Security/TSDT8012_Instructions.pdf

Hi Peppa, sorry for the delay, only got a chance now to come on here.
    The bottom line here is the existing beam had inbuilt resistors, the new one does not.
    You will need 2 x 4k7 resistors to get your new beam talking to the panel, all you will get in its current configuration is a tamper condition.

I wonder, it might be worth having a look, but some lads have a habit of leaving a few spare resistors at the bottom of control panels.

Thanks Kub.

I’ll look at that tomorrow evening.

Appreciate your time - thanks

• Advertisement

@kub

Sorted as per your great instructions

Your a star!

Cheers

Advertisement