Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Will we hear news today on Sterling and Chicharito? I never follow the pressers that closely tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

A lot of people taking Vardy out, any reason why? (Tempted myself)

Usually scores goals against the big teams, City recently been poor against Leicester, last 4 reads W1 D1 L2

Result last year in the King power was a 4-2 Leicester win around a similar time of the year

I'm keeping him for this game and expect a goal !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Forgot Otamendi was out, will probably keep Vardy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

DeGea (will start for me)
    Bavies (roatation risk)
    Otamendi ( suspended)
    Maguire (poor fixture)
    TAA (not playing in league )
    Long (not playing at all)
    Salah (will start for me)
    Zaha (will start for me)
    Sterling (injured)
    Atsu (injured)
    Romeu (bench fodder)
    Vardy (will start for me)
    Kane (will start for me)
    Lukaku (will start for me)

I’ve only 6 players that I’m comfortable starting. These rest been doubtful or not in form. I’ve 1ft and nothing in the bank. Had a quick look while ago and

Mee and Gomez in for TAA and Bavies seemed a decent shout.

Anyone any other options on this for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

MrMac84 wrote: »
    DeGea (will start for me)
    Bavies (roatation risk)
    Otamendi ( suspended)
    Maguire (poor fixture)
    TAA (not playing in league )
    Long (not playing at all)
    Salah (will start for me)
    Zaha (will start for me)
    Sterling (injured)
    Atsu (injured)
    Romeu (bench fodder)
    Vardy (will start for me)
    Kane (will start for me)
    Lukaku (will start for me)

I’ve only 6 players that I’m comfortable starting. These rest been doubtful or not in form. I’ve 1ft and nothing in the bank. Had a quick look while ago and

Mee and Gomez in for TAA and Bavies seemed a decent shout.

Anyone any other options on this for me?

I'm in a similar(ish) position to you with 3 concerns I am going to post too.

Mee & Gomez are good shouts yes. Burnley's home form means Mee now even looks a banker 6 points at home, sick he rose last night. I'd be a little wary of a Pool defender though, yes they've been decent at home but it's still Liverpool. Two home games now vs Southampton & Chelsea but then not at home until the Merseyside derby in GW 16. It's a risky one but at 4.6 Gomez could be good value. Otherwise, look at Dunk for Brighton, similarily defensive stats have been quite good and he's v cheap at 4.4.

Daniels at 4.8 is a more expensive alternative, they've decent fixtures coming up too

Bavies could still be a starter for the next while for Spurs though. He plays in the back 3 of a 5 for Wales so he may well be delpoyed there until Alderweireld is back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Made a crazy move after waking up dreaming about it....outed vardy and obiang...for murray and richarlison.... good move??

Kept bavies...and have sterling...

From watching Leicester this year...vardy doesnt look on same page as mahrez, and thats a serious prob for his game!!

COH wrote: »
    Already used my FT for Cedric > Jones before he got injured. Have lascelles out too and Hunemeier who wont play leaving just two playing defenders (Mee/Daniels). This combined with GKs having bad fixtures and the uncertainty over Jesus ever starting is tempting me to consider the WC

Wish I still had WC.

Just put together my dream team (for a -24) and it looks awesome.

Kept 2 free transfers over the international break and resisted until today

Team is currently:

Eliott
    Krul

Kola
    Walker
    Naughton
    Jones
    Hunemeier

Salah
    Sterling
    Ritchie
    Zaha
    RLC

Kane
    Jesus
    Vardy

0.2 ITB

Kolasinac is my enabler of downgrading to someone and upgrading elsewhere, here are a few options:

1- Original plan was to sell Kola & Jesus for Dunk & Aguero but with Aguero a doubt I may leave Jesus in another week

2- Other option is to upgrade Krul to DDG for double defense United cover (albeit Jones a doubt for tomorrow) and downgrade Kola to Dunk/Duffy

3- Then I was thinking of Vardy & Kola out to Morata & Dunk

Anyone care to shed a light or opinion, or maybe there is something glaringly obvious I'm missing??

I'm doubling up on Bournemouth defence, f**k it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Kept 2 free transfers over the international break and resisted until today

Team is currently:

Eliott
    Krul

Kola
    Walker
    Naughton
    Jones
    Hunemeier

Salah
    Sterling
    Ritchie
    Zaha
    RLC

Kane
    Jesus
    Vardy

0.2 ITB

Kolasinac is my enabler of downgrading to someone and upgrading elsewhere, here are a few options:

1- Original plan was to sell Kola & Jesus for Dunk & Aguero but with Aguero a doubt I may leave Jesus in another week

2- Other option is to upgrade Krul to DDG for double defense United cover (albeit Jones a doubt for tomorrow) and downgrade Kola to Dunk/Duffy

3- Then I was thinking of Vardy & Kola out to Morata & Dunk

Anyone care to shed a light or opinion, or maybe there is something glaringly obvious I'm missing??

Fairly similar front 8 to my own....are you not tempted to get on the Richarlison bandwagon? Would Kola --> Mee and Ritchie --> Richarlison be an option? At work so can't check prices :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Bonus points should be given is this game just for fielding 11 starters this time of year

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Fairly similar front 8 to my own....are you not tempted to get on the Richarlison bandwagon? Would Kola --> Mee and Ritchie --> Richarlison be an option? At work so can't check prices :mad:

I'm trying to figure out really the root of the problem in my team and not sure Ritchie is it (I could well be blindsited as he's one of four that has been in my team since GW1)

For you and I, taking Ritchie & Kola out and bringing in Richarlison gives us 5.6 to play around with defensively. 0.8 ITB if Mee was brought in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm trying to figure out really the root of the problem in my team and not sure Ritchie is it (I could well be blindsited as he's one of four that has been in my team since GW1)

For you and I, taking Ritchie & Kola out and bringing in Richarlison gives us 5.6 to play around with defensively. 0.8 ITB if Mee was brought in.

I think I've a blind spot for Richie cause I like Newcastle and he had a few good weeks there.
    Hes on notice definitely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

No Liverpool is making me nervous now that Mane is back, I was seriously thinking of Vardy to Firmino, but that could backfire spectacularly. I think I'll grind it out and hope Liverpool blank, oh wait I just sold Cedric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm in a similar(ish) position to you with 3 concerns I am going to post too.

Mee & Gomez are good shouts yes. Burnley's home form means Mee now even looks a banker 6 points at home, sick he rose last night. I'd be a little wary of a Pool defender though, yes they've been decent at home but it's still Liverpool. Two home games now vs Southampton & Chelsea but then not at home until the Merseyside derby in GW 16. It's a risky one but at 4.6 Gomez could be good value. Otherwise, look at Dunk for Brighton, similarily defensive stats have been quite good and he's v cheap at 4.4.

Daniels at 4.8 is a more expensive alternative, they've decent fixtures coming up too

Bavies could still be a starter for the next while for Spurs though. He plays in the back 3 of a 5 for Wales so he may well be delpoyed there until Alderweireld is back

Well if there’s a chance Bavies starts he’s probably worth holding till I know more, between TAA and Long I can’t really upgrade alone so perhaps if I dump TAA and Atsu who’s a concern aswell and pick up Dunk (Mee doesn’t leave me with any decent options for Astu) and maybe Ndidi or another 4.9 mid as Ndidi would give me 3 from Leicester

*could do TAA and Atsu to Mee and Surman seems better then Dunk and Ndidi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Advice please. Defense in particular is in a bit of a mess. 1f/t may need to take a hit

Elliott Fab
    Jones Trippier Bavies Mbemba Mee
    Eriksen Salah KdB Dilva Gross
    Vardy Jesus Quaner

edit: £1.2m i.t.b.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Anyone know if Mariappa is likely to start or get minutes for Watford????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

manual_man wrote: »
    Advice please. Defense in particular is in a bit of a mess. 1f/t may need to take a hit

Elliott Fab
    Vardy Jesus Quaner

Spurs defender to Duffy, Vardy to Morata

AdpRo wrote: »
    Spurs defender to Duffy, Vardy to Morata

I'm actually thinking Bavies to Daniels, Mbemba to Dunk, and Vardy to Morata. Exactly enough funds to do this. Jones seems out this gw and something tells me Rose/Aurier will start again this weekend (though I'm reluctant to actually sell Trippier - such a points merchant when he DOES play) so a -8 should i go ahead with it. Would help me to field 11 this week and sorts out my defense a bit which may be handy with upcoming fixture congestion in mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Bavies could play CB instead of Toby either. It's a lottery on who will play for them! Mbemba is the one I need rid of soon, can't afford a non-starter over the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

AdpRo wrote: »
    Bavies could play CB instead of Toby either. It's a lottery on who will play for them! Mbemba is the one I need rid of soon, can't afford a non-starter over the next few weeks.

Re. Bavies it's possible but his appeal is much lessened as a CB. Dier may play CB and Dembele start in CM. Who knows. I could even see Aurier being played as a right sided CB. Agree though re. Mbemba!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

bantee wrote: »
    Writing this down as I’ll forget in 2 weeks; thinking Stones & Choupo-M to Gomez & Richarlison. Seems solid ya? I’ve got .2 to play with.
    Ok going with these 2 transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Have 2FTs and contemplating a -4 to restructure my defence. Foster, Jones and Kolasinac out for De Gea, Daniels and Duffy. Would also give me 2.2m for upgrades next week.

However, I’m also unhappy with Davies, Ritchie, Brady and Vardy!

A long night of tinkering awaits I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

manual_man wrote: »

Elliott Fab
    Vardy Jesus Quaner

I'd just upgrade mbemba to a playing defender like Moreno or Gomez.
    I don't like taking hits. I am sure one of Bavies or Trippier will play (maybe both) and otherwise your front 7 looks very good. Priority should just be to get 3 playing defenders IMO

Feck it. Went ahead with the -8. I figure most will be on a -4 this week anyway, and should set me up nicely going forward

Bavies-->Daniels
    Mbemba-->Dunk
    Vardy-->Morata

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'd just upgrade mbemba to a playing defender like Moreno or Gomez.
    I don't like taking hits. I am sure one of Bavies or Trippier will play (maybe both) and otherwise your front 7 looks very good. Priority should just be to get 3 playing defenders IMO

I'm thinking of upgrading 5th defender too. Smith to Dunk/Francis.

But then I still have Bavies and Jones who will not play all the games and a choice of Atsu and WHU Sakho every week and zero itb...

A DDG/Courtois/Lloris might be worth the outlay so keeping the 4.0 to enable this looks good for the busy period perhaps.

I like the AdpRo suggestion for -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Zaha or Richarlison?

5th and 6th transfers made for the week. Still have Jones (red flag) and Sterling (yellow flag) in my starting 11, not to mention Jesus a potential non starter...

I made 6 hits in the entire season a few years back and finished 3k, how times have changed :o

Zaha or Richarlison?

Although by 12pm, I'll probably have both, I'd rather have Zaha, little bit more expensive but he's proven long term, if Palace score he'll be involved no doubt and so much more of a differential. Just 4.7% ownership to Richarlison's 18%

• Advertisement

Currently doing 3 Transfer's

Naughton > Daniels
    Kolasiniac > Lowton
    Ritchie > Richarlison

All for a -4

Leaves me 0.8 ITB to play around with it for next week

Any thoughts?

Advertisement