Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourist Visa

Options
  • 04-11-2017 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm planning to visit my brother next month on a three month tourist visa. He lives in Australia. I want to visit Perth while I'm there. Just wondering is it possible to pick up some cash in the hand work while there? Like farm work or something like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

No working allowed on a tourist visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

It is possible to pick up work but as stated it isn't legal to work while on a tourist visa.

I wouldn't recommend it. If caught you'll be forced to leave the country and receive a ban of about 3 years at least and may affect any future plans to travel to Australia with any type of visa potentially being denied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Fake News

ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Crack down in perth at the moment. My Mam (who is 70) got quizzed as my aunt (who lives there) is a registered care worker. Mam on tourist visa.

Advertisement