Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading 10 speed wheel to fit an 11 speed cassette

Options
  • 04-11-2017 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

Looking to upgrade to Ultegra 6800 seeing as prices are so good. Need to change the free hub on my wheels as mine are not Mavic (read wide). Is there a generic free hub that I can get to fit an 11 speed cassette?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

No.
    Every hub has a specific free hub.
    There are some exceptions: Fulcrum and Campagnolo are pretty much interchangeable.
    What wheels have you got?
    off topic: CRC have good prices on Ultegra group sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Eamonnator wrote: »
    No.
    Every hub has a specific free hub.
    There are some exceptions: Fulcrum and Campagnolo are pretty much interchangeable.
    What wheels have you got?
    off topic: CRC have good prices on Ultegra group sets.

Built both myself. One is DT Swiss hoops with Ultegra 6700 hubs while the other are Kinlin hoops and Novatec hubs. Guess I could just replace freehub with anUltegra 6800 one which is €23 on Wighle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Built both myself. One is DT Swiss hoops with Ultegra 6700 hubs while the other are Kinlin hoops and Novatec hubs. Guess I could just replace freehub with anUltegra 6800 one which is €23 on Wighle.

The 6800 freehub won't fit either of the hubs you have. Rear 6700 hubs cannot be upgraded to 11 speed; not sure about the Novatec rear hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

SOME Novatec 10 speed hubs will accept an 11 speed free hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Might just sell the DT Swiss Wheelset so and look into the Novatec taking 11 speed. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement