Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road safety ads on TV....over the top or what?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I find the ads with people dealing with the aftermath more effective than dramatized ones.

Two spring instantly to mind, one is a lady that has suffered a catastrophic brain injury as a result of being hit by a drink driver, the other is a lady that lost her little boy in the same circumstances.

As sobering (no pun intended) as it gets.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

When is the last time anyone passed a Garda checkpoint?

I was breathalysed for the first time in my life early this year. I've been a driver since 1999.

I've been pulled over once because my back numberplate had fell off some days earlier and they happened to be behind me stuck in traffic with nothing better to do.

Any other checkpoints have all been routine tax disc checks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I was breathalysed once about 10 years ago.

Then again earlier this week when a man ran me over after hitting my car and trying to leave the scene!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Neyite wrote: »
    I was breathalysed for the first time in my life early this year. I've been a driver since 1999.

Any other checkpoints have all been routine tax disc checks.

Driving since about full licence since 1993 probably driving (accompanied of course) for a few years before that. Only got breathalysed for the first time in April this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I've noticed over the last few months that almost every ad break on TV, (including all Sky channels), contains a road safety ad from the Road Safety Authority.
    Now, I have no objection to the occasional reminder about road safety but I think that the type of saturation advertising is a bit over the top, particularly as the ads are designed to be upsetting. Sometimes they have two ads in the same ad break.
    I was watching golf for a couple of hours on Sky last weekend and just for the hell of it I decided to count the number of road safety ads by the RSA. It came to 11 in the space of two hours.
    I don't know what the RSA advertising budget is, but it must be colossal.
    Do we really need that amount of reminding?

No idea, I don't see ads on kodi

Advertisement