Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods Ireland

Options
  • 04-11-2017 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭

Myself and my wife are having awful problems with littlewoods ireland at the moment. My wife ordered a child playhouse for our daughter and we got a 3 metre parasol instead. The problem is that littlewoods wont collect the parasol they sent to us in error and they dont know what happened to the original order. Also they wont refund the money to my wifes account.

My wife has been onto them 5 times via phone and that happens is she goes round in circles and unfortunatley gets "disconnected", happened twice this afternoon. She got an email from littlewoods sayinf they arranged collection for the 31st of October but never turned up.

Anyone ever have dealings with littlewoods and any advice on getting this sorted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

<SNIP - No need to quote entire OP>

She ordered one thing online and got something completely different?
    Was it not totally obvious on taking delivery of the parasol that it wasn’t a playhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Speak to the courier who delivered it. Littlewoods have free returns and usually we bring our returns to a local shop (fastway hub). Littlewoods should have no problems taking it back.

Take a photo of the parasol and screen shot your original order, attach it to an email and email it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

splinter65 wrote: »

She ordered one thing online and got something completely different?
    Was it not totally obvious on taking delivery of the parasol that it wasn’t a playhouse?
    Unfortunately it wasn't us that took the delivery.  So when we got home that is what we were given.  So yes she ordered a playhouse online and a Parasol was delivered. Simple as that and you would think returning it to Littlewoods would be easy but nope,  5 phones calls and similar number of emails and still the Parasol has not been collected. It was arranged with Littlewoods that they would collect it on the 31st of October and no one turned up, so more calls and emails and having to explain the situation again and again.  On top of that the Playhouse that was ordered is now not available.   One of the folks even said would you not keep the Parasol and we will give you 10% off.  
    Anyways a letter of complaint has been sent via registered post to head off detailing the number of calls, time and dates and copies of all the email correspondence as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Floppybits wrote: »
    Unfortunately it wasn't us that took the delivery.  So when we got home that is what we were given.  So yes she ordered a playhouse online and a Parasol was delivered. Simple as that and you would think returning it to Littlewoods would be easy but nope,  5 phones calls and similar number of emails and still the Parasol has not been collected. It was arranged with Littlewoods that they would collect it on the 31st of October and no one turned up, so more calls and emails and having to explain the situation again and again.  On top of that the Playhouse that was ordered is now not available.   One of the folks even said would you not keep the Parasol and we will give you 10% off.  
    Anyways a letter of complaint has been sent via registered post to head off detailing the number of calls, time and dates and copies of all the email correspondence as well.

Something similar happened to me recently with Littlewoods, I ordered a pair of mens converse and received a pair of kids converse (with two left feet!) but I had no issues at all, I was told to bring it back to my nearest shop (that do Littlewoods returns), I could then track it back to the warehouse and I was issued a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭Tow

Littlewoods are a money lender, so have to comply to strict complaints procedures, as per a bank. You should look for a 'Final Response Letter' letter to your compliant, and if not happy with it contact the Financial Services Ombudsman.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Write to them making a formal complaint. Keep the email for your records.

If necessary, threaten small claims court (leave this to the second letter).

When did you place the order for the playhouse? If its within 14 days, you should be able to cancel that order under distance selling regulations (a cooling off period) and/or due to the fact that it hasn't been delivered.

Also advise them that if they don't collect the parasol within X days that you will charge them a daily storage rate of €X per day!!!

Galadriel wrote: »

Something similar happened to me recently with Littlewoods, I ordered a pair of mens converse and received a pair of kids converse (with two left feet!) but I had no issues at all, I was told to bring it back to my nearest shop (that do Littlewoods returns), I could then track it back to the warehouse and I was issued a refund.
    That's OK for smaller items that you can send back through the post office or where ever but this a 3 metre parasol that is heavy and if you look at Littlewoods they say that you have arrange through them someone to come out and take the returns like those packages. 
    Even on their returns page they say "If your parcel is more than 15kg or 1.5m in length, please contact Littlewoods Ireland on 01 8112222 who will collect your item for free."  Unfortunately this is where the problem started for us. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

That's OK for smaller items that you can send back through the post office or where ever but this a 3 metre parasol that is heavy and if you look at Littlewoods they say that you have arrange through them someone to come out and take the returns like those packages. 
    Even on their returns page they say "If your parcel is more than 15kg or 1.5m in length, please contact Littlewoods Ireland on 01 8112222 who will collect your item for free."  Unfortunately this is where the problem started for us. 

Aha, it's still crazy they are not taking responsibility for it though, do they accept that you didn't order the parasol? if so how can they justify not collecting it? :confused:

Galadriel wrote: »

Aha, it's still crazy they are not taking responsibility for it though, do they accept that you didn't order the parasol? if so how can they justify not collecting it? :confused:
    Nope, this is the annoying frustrating part.  Everytime you contact them you get someone else on the phone and have to go through everything again and then they say bring to the local parcel collection point, so you have to explain that it is 3 metres long and is heavy and wont be accepted by the local parcel collection point, then you are told to arrange for it to be delivered yourself.  Now I don't know if we have just been unlucky in the people we got on the phones or if this is standard, sure one guy said to us that if you take the parasol we will discount it by 10%.  
    Such a poor service for something that should be standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Tow wrote: »
    Littlewoods are a money lender, so have to comply to strict complaints procedures, as per a bank. You should look for a 'Final Response Letter' letter to your compliant, and if not happy with it contact the Financial Services Ombudsman.

Total utter nonsense.

They do provide credit. Only if you've bought on credit there's an issue with the financial aspects of the credit, can the financial ombudsman get involved.

An issue with an incorrect product sent is dealt with under sale of goods act. Far far simpler to rectify.

OP is doing it the correct way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement