If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 speaker pack (white)

Options
  • 04-11-2017 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for a 5.1 speaker pack (silver might work at a push) with small satellite speakers and sub. Anything you can think of without spending too much? Ideally sub €500 or so thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Homer wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Looking for a 5.1 speaker pack (silver might work at a push) with small satellite speakers and sub. Anything you can think of without spending too much? Ideally sub €500 or so thanks
    Hi Homer,

it's slim pickings for a 5.1 system in white sub £500 I'm afraid. The first satellite system available in white would be the Cambrisge Audio Min12 set with the Minx201 sub in white. This retails at £499 and would give a decent sound however for something with a bit more range and punch I would look at the Q Acoustics Q7000 plus pack in white at £899. It's a bit out of the budget but they are previous What HiFi award winners and there isn't a satellite system under £1000 that sounds better.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Homer

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. If I were to take the colour out of the equation what options around the 500 mark for satellite 5.1 packages? Will take a look at the Cambridge Audio ones online thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Homer wrote: »
    Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. If I were to take the colour out of the equation what options around the 500 mark for satellite 5.1 packages? Will take a look at the Cambridge Audio ones online thanks.
    Hi Homer,

One I would highly recommend is the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 pack in black. It used to retail at around £899 but has come down to £599. These are fantastic speakers and, like the Q Acoustics, former What HiFi award winners. They would be a massive step above even the Cambridge speakers as the Cambridge are very small speakers with a smaller sub, meaning a less punchy sound and not as full a sound:

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200190-mass-51.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.