Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Slaney

Options
  • 04-11-2017 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have a legal right of way onto the river Slaney banks and I've came across a small pond within a reed bed that looks like it would draw ducks after a small bit of work.
    Can I work away shooting the pond once I have the right of way?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I have a legal right of way onto the river Slaney banks and I've came across a small pond within a reed bed that looks like it would draw ducks after a small bit of work.
    Can I work away shooting the pond once I have the right of way?
    Thanks in advance

I’m sure others know more about the legalities here but I’d have to say definitely not.

A right of way is just that, not a right to hunt or even do work on the pond.

Somebody will have the shooting rights and they wouldn’t be best pleased if you just went in there off your own back.

Might just be a case of asking the farmer on the land, most likely to own the shooting rights too. A nice bottle of something can open a lot of shooting!

Put it another way, you wouldn’t go fishing on the river only having a right of way would you? Same applies to the shooting.

Advertisement