If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 4k Tv. Budget £599

Options
  • 04-11-2017 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi 
    I have a budget of £599 and am limited to 40-43 inch tv size. What are your recommendations / best options for this budget? I am based in the South of Ireland and get my channels through virgin media box.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi 
    I have a budget of £599 and am limited to 40-43 inch tv size. What are your recommendations / best options for this budget? I am based in the South of Ireland and get my channels through virgin media box.
    Hi Hawthorn_PI,

I would recommend a Sony at around this size and budget. The KD43XE8004 has a fantastic panel, an android operating system and is £599:

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202478-bravia-kd43xe8004.aspx

The Sonys would be my personal choice for LED panels as they have a more natural colour range, great contrast and good motion processing.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Hawthorn_Pl

Hi 
    Hi Hawthorn_PI,

I would recommend a Sony at around this size and budget. The KD43XE8004 has a fantastic panel, an android operating system and is £599:

The Sonys would be my personal choice for LED panels as they have a more natural colour range, great contrast and good motion processing.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the reply David. It looks like a good unit. 
    Any thoughts on the Panasonic TX40EX700B its the same price as the sony. How do the two compare? 
    Have kind of narrowed it down to the sony Panasonic or possibly the lg 43UJ670V which is cheaper but is a 43 inch unit.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi 
    Hi Hawthorn_PI,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the reply David. It looks like a good unit. 
    Any thoughts on the Panasonic TX40EX700B its the same price as the sony. How do the two compare? 
    Have kind of narrowed it down to the sony Panasonic or possibly the lg 43UJ670V which is cheaper but is a 43 inch unit.
    Hi Hawthorn,

Glad you looked at the options - our David is :cool: sometimes.. :D 

Around that price the Panasonic TX40EX700 is a really superb TV and it would be my choice for on screen movement, natural picture and especially build quality - to be fair to 'Deluded Dave' it doesn't have Android which I love but the Panasonic TX40EX700 would be a really excellent option ( and probably my 1st choice)  - on top of that we can do a Boardie deal on it at £529 / €629 including delivery and our Famous 6 year TV warranty which makes it outstanding value:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202581-viera-tx40ex700b.aspx

The other super option is the LG 43UJ670, in its favour is a slightly larger screen,  super Operating system and if you do like the Samsung / Sony style super sharp picture type its a bridge between the Sony and the Panasonic in terms of super realism - however to be fair both the Sony and the Pana 40EX700 are better built and have better PQ - again I can do a Boardie deal at £439 / €529 including shipping and our 6 year warranty:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202500-43uj670v.aspx

Thanks again and don't hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way & of course if you would like to order just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and we will give you a call to arrange delivery,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Hi 
    Hi Hawthorn_PI,

Kind regards

David
    Sorry for hijacking this thread but I was wondering if this Sony is Saorview compatible?  Its not listed on the Saorview site yet.

RonanC wrote: »
    Hi 
    Hi Hawthorn_PI,

Kind regards

David
    Sorry for hijacking this thread but I was wondering if this Sony is Saorview compatible?  Its not listed on the Saorview site yet.
    Hi RonanC,

Yes, this is Saorview compatible, as long as a TV has Freeview HD built in it will have the tuner.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭too_sleepy

Also sorry for hijacking thread.
    Would the LG you've listed be good for occasional gaming?
    Stated as 100hz but I appreciate that's not the only consideration.
    Thanks

too_sleepy wrote: »
    Also sorry for hijacking thread.
    Would the LG you've listed be good for occasional gaming?
    Stated as 100hz but I appreciate that's not the only consideration.
    Thanks
    Hi Too_Sleepy.

The LG would handle gaming just fine.

The 670 has been very popular and produces an great image.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭too_sleepy

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Would the Samsung UE40MU6400 be as good. These are the two I'm trying to decide between.

Thanks

Would the Samsung UE40MU6400 be as good. These are the two I'm trying to decide between.

Thanks
    Hi Too_Sleepy.

The Samsung 40MU6400 is also a good television but it is an in store only collection and can not be shipped. The 40MU6400 must be collected from our Belfast store.

The Picture on the LG would be better in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 suirthing

Hi

can i ask you to confirm that the Sony KD43XE8004 definitely has an Android OS?? The KD43XE7073 looks similar but has a Linux OS - which appears to limit the user to an Opera Web Store for apps. I want to run an app called Perfect Player so i have to get an Android based TV!

Cheers,

dk

btw whats the Boardie price for the KD43XE8004 ? Delivery to Waterford..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Thanks
    Hi Too_Sleepy.

The Samsung 40MU6400 is also a good television but it is an in store only collection and can not be shipped. The 40MU6400 must be collected from our Belfast store.

The Picture on the LG would be better in my opinion.
    Sorry to jump on this thread, Is the LG an RGBW panel ?

suirthing wrote: »
    Hi

can i ask you to confirm that the Sony KD43XE8004 definitely has an Android OS?? The KD43XE7073 looks similar but has a Linux OS - which appears to limit the user to an Opera Web Store for apps. I want to run an app called Perfect Player so i have to get an Android based TV!

Cheers,

dk

btw whats the Boardie price for the KD43XE8004 ? Delivery to Waterford..
    Hi Suirthing.

The 43XE8004 is Android. Anything below this just use the Linux OS.

The best price at the moment would be the web price of £629.00 / 749.00 Euro/ You can pay in which ever currency works out cheapest as our Euro is not always a direct conversion of the sterling.

I could offer free shipping and you also get our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.