Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingswood heights

Options
  • 04-11-2017 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Looking at buying a house in kingswood heights in Dublin 24. Having driven around the area, it looks fine. Does anyone that has lived or lives there any advice on what its like to live in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭traveller0101

Don't live there but I have always thought it to be alright. There's a Luas stop in Kingswood

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

Hi Citroen

I currently rent here It is a nice area but the local pub has a few undesirables.
    There is a sense of community around as well which is hard to find lots for Kids to do.
    A nice park close by as well.
    Only thing I did notice was the distinct drugs problem not junkies on heroin but blatant dealing of coke happening around.
    No one seems to care about this probably because its there sons/Daughters doing it or buying it.
    not a major issue if your not savvy to that life but it was something that annoyed me more so was the attitude of the neighbours when it was talked about.
    But all in its a good place over all maybe a little overpriced but sre where isn't these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

keep in mind that Dublin 22 and 24 have a massive loading on insurance products

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/high-price-of-living-in-insurance-blackspot-35264550.html
    A Dublin address can work against you in home insurance if you're living in a burglary blackspot. A Tallaght homeowner for example could expect a quote of €428 from Aviva - almost €200 more that an individual would pay if their address was Donnybrook in Dublin 4, according to Sunday Independent research. The AA quoted €360 for the Tallaght homeowner and €289 for the Donnybrook resident. Tallaght - which is known as a burglary blackspot - has had almost twice as much burglaries as Donnybrook so far this year.

wouldn't be an issue if you were driving a small 3 year old Hyundai, but if you're a 2 car household and fancy buying a merc down the line it may get pricey.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

keep in mind that Dublin 22 and 24 have a massive loading on insurance products

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/high-price-of-living-in-insurance-blackspot-35264550.html

lol, keep in mind that Donnybrook has an absolutely epic loading on property prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Graham wrote: »
    lol, keep in mind that Donnybrook has an absolutely epic loading on property prices.

this is not a suggestion for moving to donnybrook :pac: but vs almost any other part of south Dublin, D22 and 24 have much higher burglary stats and insurance loadings as a result. Back in 2008-9 there was some car insurer that wouldn't even quote for those postcodes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

My friend lives there. He's never had an issue but then again his neighbour is some high ranking Ra dude so they get absolutely zero bother on the street from local feral kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

this is not a suggestion for moving to donnybrook :pac: but vs almost any other part of south Dublin, D22 and 24 have much higher burglary stats and insurance loadings as a result. Back in 2008-9 there was some car insurer that wouldn't even quote for those postcodes.

The report you're using as evidence is for home insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Looking at buying a house in kingswood heights in Dublin 24. Having driven around the area, it looks fine. Does anyone that has lived or lives there any advice on what its like to live in?

Hi. I live in Kingswood and Its a great area. Nice mix of different houses with great people. Not sure if you have kids, but St Killians is great Primary School plus our brand new state of the art secondary school is currently being built and due to open in 2019.

Car access is really good with the M50 and M7 being super accessible plus the luas is right beside us.

I have had zero issue with Insurance quotes or house burglary and i have lived in Tallaght all my life.

Be happy to answer any questions you have

Advertisement