Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ray Darcy Show - 4th November 2017

• 04-11-2017 10:25pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Jesus that thread last night was really angry, hopefully it won't be as contentious tonight, tonight Ray is joined by....

Eamon Dunphy, Evanne Ni Chuilnn and Ted Walsh will be on to talk about Ireland's Greatest Sporting Moment, James McClean's goal against Wales presumably.

TV presenter Amanda Byram will be on to talk about her struggles behind the camera apparently.

Sharon Shannon will be on to promote her new album.

Paddy and Joan Darcy will be on to discuss the secret behind their 55 years of marriage

Last and definitely least Cian Twomey will be on to discuss his new found fame and plug a book presumably

Anyway it's all kicking off in less than half an hour no doubt all of ye are counting down the minutes till it starts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Snap ..

We started a thread at the same time. There's more detail in yours so we'll stick with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Are mr and mrs Darcy the boys folks ?
    Tell me no

Staffers up first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully Eamo is well oiled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That stupid intro they ripped off every US chat show from 10 years ago makes me mad then he says "Its Saturday night and we're live on the telly!" and it turns into pure hatred. Its such a stupid phrase, "live on the telly", its just so redundant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hopefully Eamo is well oiled.
    Stumbling over a couple of words there :D

Will Eamonn cry? He doesn't seem too dry.

Like the time you "rode her mother" Ted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

That half moon table yoke & drawers looks strange & it's makes Ray look even more awkward.

M

Those ear rings are gas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

An RTÉ pundit, an RTÉ pundit and an RTÉ Pundit, well done RTÉ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Here we go with the comparing sporting occasions to monumental things in life, to when you got married, to 9/11, to assassination of JFK and to when your child is born and saying it should be that way... ridiculous. Just because it affects you like that doesn't mean it's a good thing, it probably means it's a bad thing. :confused:

All of those things could be said about videogames or some tv shows, yet you'd never dream of having that type of adulation about them.

Sport is a waste of time. It's a waste of time... it's a waste of time. Now if you feel you get something out of it, go ahead and do it, but don't preach about it as if it's some amazing thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Evanne should give Ned his moustache back
    732?cb=20141024230457
    Those earrings are hideous

Poignant mention of Jimmy McGee coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Dunphy is jarred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all :)

I can't seem to find two tassels from my boudoir curtains, somebody let me know if you seem 'em.

M

I take it Michelle Smith and her gold medals may not make it in?

breanach78 wrote: »
    An RTÉ pundit, an RTÉ pundit and an RTÉ Pundit, well done RTÉ,
    To add to that about A RTÉ program!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Those ear rings are gas.

Hi all,

Is that spare make up brushes :P

Dunphy is jarred

Nicely scuttered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Sport is a waste of time. It's a waste of time... it's a waste of time. Now if you feel you get something out of it, go ahead and do it, but don't preach about it as if it's some amazing thing.

It's a total waste of time, but you could say that about life itself. We're all going to end up dead some day. And sport is one of those things that (for many) brightens up those days as we wait for death.

Happy Saturday, everyone. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

To be honest as segments on this go this is not bad.

Miserable. I'd say you're great craic at a party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Christ she's dressed like a traveller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Eamon's on to talk about "the greats"?

What next, Giles on to talk about taking each games on it's merits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Ireland's Greatest Sporting Moment is going to be some All-Ireland final, the European Championships in France or Leicester city winning the premier league.

I take it Michelle Smith and her gold medals may not make it in?

Jimmy McGee is not around any more to champion her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

So some Irish nag running faster than an English nag in a corrupt 'sport' is a great moment?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Jimmy McGee is not around any more to champion her.

She still has those medals, you know!

Ah, it's not. If you are an avid follower of a particular team or sport, it can be an absolute roller coaster ride. Great form of drama, misery and joy.

griffin100 wrote: »
    So some Irish nag running faster than an English nag in a corrupt 'sport' is a great moment?
    😂

• Advertisement

What are those planks under Ray's table. Are they to stop the legs marking the carpet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

griffin100 wrote: »

There is a massive interest in racehorses in Ireland. People breed them, train them, sell them, ride them. People are attached to them. It's a pass-time and people are passionate about it. God forbid this would offend you.

Grade 1 races involving top class horses are far from corrupt. But there's no point mentioning it to you. You obviously don't have a clue what you are on about.

M

There was back in the day a Packie Bonner mural painted at either Killbarrack or Howth Junction DART station based on this...

22f27073a77dee160ee9efbe2af99af2--cup-song-celtic-soccer.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

:P Eamonn to ray, "That's all you can plug at the moment" :D

I’m not a soccer fan but I remember, rehearsed BS

2012 cut off point. That rules out Tipps victory over Kilkenny last year so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

20-30 years ago, the last time RTE had a decent Late Late show or saturday night chatshow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

"There's people here not even born 27 years ago".... this just made me laugh for some reason.

Grade 1 races involving top class horses are far from corrupt. But there's no point mentioning it to you. You obviously don't have a clue what you are on about.

Interesting to note that. I attended a course a few years ago with a lady who was big into showjumping, training horses and competing. She told us that the training methods that top level horses were subjected to in that sport were quite unpleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

No mention of mcgregor v aldo??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Save yourself the bother of watching it. It’ll be Italia 90

• Advertisement
    M

This time next week step 1 of 2 will be complete for getting to the Euros, hopefully the news is good.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Very profound by Eamon

nails1 wrote: »
    No mention of mcgregor v aldo??

No, it's probably the greatest sporting moment that RTE can show. Other sports don't exist.

M

I recall at the time some boozers turned off the sound for the English anthem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

Dross...

****, horse man and his best moment is soccer and a soccer man his best is a horse race!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Literally the only enjoyable thing about rugby is playing "spot the prod" during Amhrán na bhFiann.

This time next week step 1 of 2 will be complete for getting to the Euros, hopefully the news is good.

In what sport? The football qualifier next week is for the WC. :confused:
    I recall at the time some boozers turned off the sound for the English anthem.

Yeah, I'm an England fan and I remember that. Used to love the reaction in the pub when I jumped and cheered when we scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

My greatest sporting memory is Rocky beating Ivan Drago, what a fight that was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

Thargor wrote: »
    That stupid intro they ripped off every US chat show from 10 years ago makes me mad then he says "Its Saturday night and we're live on the telly!" and it turns into pure hatred. Its such a stupid phrase, "live on the telly", its just so redundant.

Might as well be dead on the telly...it's that flipping snore inducing and lack luster

• Advertisement
Advertisement