Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien 220w vs Vaporesso Revenger

• 05-11-2017 2:06pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

So my husband's Zelos has started acting up, and as a result he's had to use my vape for the last few days, now he's a direct lung convert. So instead of getting him a new Zelos for Christmas, I was thinking I'd get him a higher wattage mod so he could use lower ohm coils.

Currently he's using a Cleito on a Cupti 2. He loves the Cleito, but the Cupti isn't really great for carrying around in your pocket - it's huge! I've had a look around and the two mods that caught my eye are the Smok Alien 220w and the Vaporesso Revenger (also 220w)

I've watched a load of reviews etc for both and still can't decide which would be better. I like the look of both, and suspect he would too. My main concerns are durability and size. He carries his vape everywhere in his pocket, so it would get more abuse than what I used to use (I only vaped in the house) I've heard of people having issues with the battery door on the Alien.

Has anyone any experience with either of these? Or are there other good options that I'm not considering?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Toots wrote: »
    So my husband's Zelos has started acting up, and as a result he's had to use my vape for the last few days, now he's a direct lung convert. So instead of getting him a new Zelos for Christmas, I was thinking I'd get him a higher wattage mod so he could use lower ohm coils.

Currently he's using a Cleito on a Cupti 2. He loves the Cleito, but the Cupti isn't really great for carrying around in your pocket - it's huge! I've had a look around and the two mods that caught my eye are the Smok Alien 220w and the Vaporesso Revenger (also 220w)

I've watched a load of reviews etc for both and still can't decide which would be better. I like the look of both, and suspect he would too. My main concerns are durability and size. He carries his vape everywhere in his pocket, so it would get more abuse than what I used to use (I only vaped in the house) I've heard of people having issues with the battery door on the Alien.

Has anyone any experience with either of these? Or are there other good options that I'm not considering?

I have the alien and its been perfect for the 6ish months ive had it. Very durable, couple of tiny chips in paint but much stronger paint than the original ones people gave out about. Easy to get the hang of and hasnt let me down.

Mine gets put into glovebox, centre console of car and have had no issues with battery door or screen etc.

Its heavy enough though and you will notice it in your pocket carrying it around eveywhere but that weight makes it strong and tough.

The revenger i havent tried but every reviewer complains about it being a finger print magnet and id say that large a screen will scratch up very quickly if not minded like a baby.
    Supposed to function brilliantly by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Toots, if it's any interest gearbest have the full Aspire Speeder 200w kit on sale in black till tomorrow delivered for 48...reviews of this are good.

Conor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Toots, Smok have the new Majesty mod coming out which looks like a real nice bit of kit. Might be worth waiting to see how it reviews.

Carbon Fiber edition
    https://www.smoktech.com/kit/majesty-carbon-fiber-edition

Resin edition
    https://www.smoktech.com/kit/majesty-resin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I've used both, the Alien is a good solid mod if you get a good one, the one I have is actually my 2nd one first one stopped working around 6 weeks after I got it. The Revenger is a great little mod no issues with it at all but as stuartmurphy87 said its a finger print magnet a quick wipe on the front of my jumper sorts that, but the screen hasn't gotten scratched even though it's been in and out of my pocket and dropped a couple of time. It's also a newer mod to the market.

If durability is a concern either the Speeder or the Voopoo Drag could be options both are solid bricks, I don't know a lot bout the Drag just what I've seen in reviews. But the Speeder looks like it'd take a fair bit of abuse and keep going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Aspire Speeder every time, compact, reliable, solid, excellent chip.
    Drag is also excellent but a little bulky, also any atty over 22mm has a slight overhang.
    Eleaf have a new 200 w mod coming out shortly called the Invoke which also looks excellent but at the moment you can’t go wrong with the Speeder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Aspire Speeder every time, compact, reliable, solid, excellent chip.
    Drag is also excellent but a little bulky, also any atty over 22mm has a slight overhang.
    Eleaf have a new 200 w mod coming out shortly called the Invoke which also looks excellent but at the moment you can’t go wrong with the Speeder.

That Eleaf Invoke looks pretty nice. Sadly it don't come in the right colors for me :pac:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks for all the replies guys! Some seriously nice looking pieces there - I love the look of the Majesty in the Resin finishes, but I reckon the hubby would just want the plain black carbon fibre one :pac:

I was hoping to keep it as a surprise for him, but I think I might present him with a selection of what's been suggested here and see which one he likes the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Toots wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies guys! Some seriously nice looking pieces there - I love the look of the Majesty in the Resin finishes, but I reckon the hubby would just want the plain black carbon fibre one :pac:

I was hoping to keep it as a surprise for him, but I think I might present him with a selection of what's been suggested here and see which one he likes the best.

Id go with the black carbon myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I have the alien since may and apart from a few chips on the paint and the odd incorrect coil reading which needed a restart it's been solid. Using at 100w with a Cleito 120w and it vapes very well.

Today I picked up a procolour kit and I'm very impressed. It's like an alien v2 tbh, the screen is excellent, far better quality than the alien. The battery door seems far more secure and the led lights and screen text are customisable and can be switched off altogether. For under €80 from most bricks and mortar stores its not bad value either. If ordering from China I'd be doing it sooner rather than later as Christmas will delay a lot of parcels.

Advertisement