Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Driving arrest

• 05-11-2017 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I got really drunk one night after a bad break up and I am petrified incase I drove my car and got caught and don't remember it. I may not have drove my car because it was still outside my house and the car keys in my bag. I don't know if I'm being overly paranoid as I am not used to drinking to this extent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I'd imagine if you'd been caught drink driving the car would have taken and you would have been brought to a station. You wouldn't have been allowed continue on your way home anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

sol77 wrote: »
    I got really drunk one night after a bad break up and I am petrified incase I drove my car and got caught and don't remember it. I may not have drove my car because it was still outside my house and the car keys in my bag. I don't know if I'm being overly paranoid as I am not used to drinking to this extent

I think your car wouldn't be outside if you were caught drunk driving....stop being paranoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

You must have been really off your trolley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

sol77 wrote: »

By any chance do you suffer with OCD? The way you are thinking can be associated with OCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sol77

Needles73 wrote: »
    I think your car wouldn't be outside if you were caught drunk driving....stop being paranoid.

Lol I'm not used of blacking out to honest so I hate not remembering anything

• Advertisement

Comhra wrote: »

I was first and last time that will ever happen

Comhra wrote: »

I was first and last time that will ever happen

By any chance do you suffer with OCD? The way you are thinking can be associated with OCD.

It sound more like the anxiety and paranoia one gets after a load of booze and a blackout.

OP, if you'd been stopped by gardai, you most likely wouldnt be waking up in bed confused, you'd be waking up in a cell, more confused.

Sorry about your breakup.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Heuston123

Hi all. So I got charged for Drink Driving. Stupid thing to do. I blew twice the limit. I’m accepting charges as was at fault. Going to court to plead guilty and take the ban. Solicitor looking for €1,600 as he will demand statement from Garda. Do I really need solicitor or just go in with arms up and take what I’m given and walk out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

If you were only twice the limit (which is really not that high) how have you no memory of the whole thing? Makes no sense ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If you were only twice the limit (which is really not that high) how have you no memory of the whole thing? Makes no sense ...

Check the names. ;) OP and last poster probably aren't the same person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

OP and last poster have different user names ...

Split personality? Maybe the second one remembers driving and getting charged?

Oh I remember exactly what happened but solicitor trying to see if any errors done on Garda behalf. Where the case may get thrown out.

gozunda wrote: »
    OP and last poster have different user names ...

Split personality?

This is different person altogether. I’m from Dublin. Just looking what to do. Before I go to court on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

This is the weirdest ****ing thread I've read in a long time.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

h3000 wrote: »
    This is the weirdest ****ing thread I've read in a long time.

Maybe Op also has no Memory of posting this thread... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

You're probably better off writing on the legal forum op and not the Limerick forum, if this is for reals

panda100 wrote: »
    You're probably better off writing on the legal forum op and not the Limerick forum, if this is for reals

Lads this is someone totally different. Look it’s okay. Just looking for advice regarding solicitor or not. I just typed in drink driving and got this thread as it’s the newest one possible others are 5years and older. Sorry to bother you all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't think this is anything to do with Limerick, the Legal Discussion forum would be a better fit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement