Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

illegible cvv number

Options
  • 05-11-2017 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any way of finding out my cvv number on the back of my Visa debit card, either through Banking 365 or by phone? The number has almost completely worn away, and I cannot remember it. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I'd be surprised if they could but great if they can. Bet they say to get a new card with a new cvv number.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

my3cents wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if they could but great if they can. Bet they say to get a new card with a new cvv number.
    That's what I'm thinking as well, but I felt I had to ask. Thanks for the reply. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

blueser wrote: »
    Is there any way of finding out my cvv number on the back of my Visa debit card, either through Banking 365 or by phone? The number has almost completely worn away, and I cannot remember it. 
    Hi blueser,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

This number is unique to your card and wouldn't be recorded. We'd be unable to give you this information. If you need a replacement card you can order this through your 365 online account at the service desk.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again, Jane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Hi blueser,

This number is unique to your card and wouldn't be recorded. We'd be unable to give you this information. If you need a replacement card you can order this through your 365 online account at the service desk.

Thanks again, Jane.
    So how does an online retailer know if the security number you type in on an online form is correct or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Mine is completely gone.I rubbed a pencil over it and now it's back.

Or tilt it towards a light.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

my3cents wrote: »
    Hi blueser,

Thanks again, Jane.
    So how does an online retailer know if the security number you type in on an online form is correct or not?
    Hi my3cents,

This type of information is accessible to systems only. What Jane has advised the OP above is correct, we don't have access to a CVV from a card.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Mine is completely gone.I rubbed a pencil over it and now it's back.

Or tilt it towards a light.
    Cheers for the tip re. tilting the card towards a light. That did the trick.

Advertisement