Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League - Chelsea vs Manchester United 4:30pm Sunday 5th November

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Right, I'll put it in a "nicer" way next time, to abate your telling off. Point still stands. You can say that every second match could end by scores like 8-3 or 10-2 if you are claiming that game should have ended 6 nil !!

It is a ridiculous assertion unless that is the logic you apply to every game at full time!

sigh

from the bbc report

Chelsea have kept David de Gea busy, with eight shots on target including Alvaro Morata's goal (yellow).

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/624/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2017/11/5/3f8c1200-c4ec-4eda-ad4f-4d1ad1efea6b.jpg

plus the wrongly disallowed own goal
    plus the numero other chances

Posted at 18:06
    CLOSE!
    Chelsea 1-0 Manchester Utd
    Almost in.

United goalkeeper David de Gea loses the flight of Antonio Rudiger's cross, but thankfully for the Spaniard is sails narrowly wide of his far post.

TEN minutes left at Stamford Bridge.

Posted at 18:01
    CLOSE!
    Chelsea 1-0 Manchester Utd
    Sloppy again from Marouane Fellaini, sleeping in possession, but Tiemoue Bakayoko's shot drifts wide.

Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas, speaking to Sky Sports: "We had plenty of chances, especially in the first half but we could have killed it off in the second half. It was maybe a little bit more open than expected.

"We prepared for the game in a way we know how they like to defend. We had more possession than usual which is something for me we have been lacking but we had the personality to play. It is fantastic to defend well but this is a team full of fantastic players and we need to take advantage of that.

"We played like a big team, defended like a big team and we have to be proud."

now go away, cant be bothered with you anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Those chances that you have posted were pretty average mate. Chelsea by far the better team but was not a 5 or 6 games. Two nil would not have flattered though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Those chances that you have posted were pretty average mate. Chelsea by far the better team but was not a 5 or 6 games. Two nil would not have flattered though.

hazard save 2-0
    baka bad miss 3-0
    morata messing up in area 4-0
    baka bad miss again 5-0
    morata header miss 6-0

even neutrals are saying could have been 3 or 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

hazard save 2-0
    baka bad miss 3-0
    baka bad miss again 5-0
    morata header miss 6-0

Rashfords chance
    Lukaku shot
    Fellaini chance
    rashford free

See... that’s not how football works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Delighted with the win.

Weve lost to city, drew with Arsenal at the Bridge so we needed to staft besting our rivals at the Bridge.

Utds record here is seriously bad and Joses record away to the top 6 eith chelsea and Utd in his time back in England is worryingly bad if youre a Utd fan.

The title isnt won by besting your rivals away but it does help if youre taking points there.

Stat reads as :

José Mourinho’s teams have scored only 1 goal away from home in the league against the top 6 sides in his last 10 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

hazard save 2-0
    baka bad miss 3-0
    baka bad miss again 5-0
    morata header miss 6-0

Yeah, not sure if you are on a wind up or not. No way that was a 5-0 game. And I couldn't give a bollocks what anybody else says. I watched the game with my own eyes.

I watched the game with my own eyes.

Ed Gein once watched a game with someone else's eyes. He found it strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The title isnt won by besting your rivals away but it does help if youre taking points there.

Disagree. This is the season of beating your rivals to pick up the points to win the league.

United & City, and to a degree Chelsea, have spent so much that they have to challenge for the title. They are expected to beat the bottom 15 teams home & away really. That gets you X amount of points that you expect both teams to have.

This season the difference in the top 2 teams is that City are winning all their top 6 rival games by going out and attacking them & beating them. United are setting up to not lose, and are dropping points. 5 points automatically lost there.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Disagree. This is the season of beating your rivals to pick up the points to win the league.

United & City, and to a degree Chelsea, have spent so much that they have to challenge for the title. They are expected to beat the bottom 15 teams home & away really. That gets you X amount of points that you expect both teams to have.

This season the difference in the top 2 teams is that City are winning all their top 6 rival games by going out and attacking them & beating them. United are setting up to not lose, and are dropping points. 5 points automatically lost there.

City will win it anyway. Theyre far too strong. Theyll drop points at some stage and look human but theyll win the league with games to spare.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Utd have 1 goal in 7 away games against the top 6 under mourinho.

And yet they are still second in the table, wait did you know there is other teams in the league :eek: Crap it feels like xmas 95 again where i accidentally let a big secret slip

hazard save 2-0
    baka bad miss 3-0
    baka bad miss again 5-0
    morata header miss 6-0

I love this guys football logic, it doesnt make any sense but dam six nil thats amazing.
    I watched it as a neutral and i'm nearly certain Fellani had a goal chance saved only by a brilliant save sooooo your logic is hugely flawed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

irishman86 wrote: »
    And yet they are still second in the table, wait did you know there is other teams in the league :eek: Crap it feels like xmas 95 again where i accidentally let a big secret slip

Its obviously a problem if you consistently can't score against your rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Over half a billion spent... Mourinho is gutless.... A flat track bully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

utd fans
    commenting about Liverpool fans
    commenting about utd fans
    commenting about Liverpool fans

....always should be someone you really love

Oh no wait that's a different song altogether

Its obviously a problem if you consistently can't score against your rivals.

Someone needs to tell Spurs they arent rivals :pac:
    I'd say Mourinho would happily lose to all of them as long as he wins the league
    Laughable how much people forget they are only in second to a City team who have fired out of the blocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

I'd say Mourinho would happily lose to all of them as long as he wins the league
    Laughable how much people forget they are only in second to a City team who have fired out of the blocks

You're definitely the most United leaning neutral I've ever come across.

Anyways, second isn't first. City have gone to Stamford Bridge and won. City are dismantling everyone. If you want to keep up with them, you need to match their wins. United aren't doing that. Even when City have a blip at some point in the season, they're probably going to be 10+ points ahead that it doesn't matter. Mourinho's tactics are outdated at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I said 1 goal in 7 away games against top 6 teams. Utds home form against top 6 teams isn't bad. Nobody is forgetting they are second the big difference between city and utd is that city play 5 attacking/ creative players out of their front 6 and are always a threat. Jose generally plays 3 attacking/creative players in these games and his teams are struggling to create chances and score goals in these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Was Mourinho's masterplan yesterday just to kick Hazard out of the game?
    He seemed to take the same approach last year and came away empty handed then too.
    Delighted for Conte. Class manager, the league will be lesser for it when he leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

The "expected goal" statistic from yesterday was Chelsea 1.85 Manchester United 0.77 - no goal-fest there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

United are 2nd because they have had easier games than the rest of their rivals. Played a lot of the bottom teams. over 1/3rd of games against the bottom 5 afaik.

• Advertisement

United are 2nd because they have had easier games than the rest of their rivals. Played a lot of the bottom teams. over 1/3rd of games against the bottom 5 afaik.

We're 4th despite dropping 6 points to Palace and Burnely. :o

Its always stupid to throw in ifs and buts even this early but those points dropped already look liks costing us badly.

PhilipsR wrote: »
    You're definitely the most United leaning neutral I've ever come across.

Anyways, second isn't first. City have gone to Stamford Bridge and won. City are dismantling everyone. If you want to keep up with them, you need to match their wins. United aren't doing that. Even when City have a blip at some point in the season, they're probably going to be 10+ points ahead that it doesn't matter. Mourinho's tactics are outdated at this point.

Its nothing to do with being neutral, some of the comments are ****ing stupid and thats saying it a nice way
    So you are using a record breaking City as criticism, got ya

I said 1 goal in 7 away games against top 6 teams. Utds home form against top 6 teams isn't bad. Nobody is forgetting they are second the big difference between city and utd is that city play 5 attacking/ creative players out of their front 6 and are always a threat. Jose generally plays 3 attacking/creative players in these games and his teams are struggling to create chances and score goals in these games.

So its his fault that the players are playing poorly, like ive said before if Marseille could get Mourinho id take him in a heart beat a born winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

a born winner

Unless he plays the top6 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Wasn't unstoppable City's draw against one of those teams? At home?

Wasn't United's only loss of the season before this game against the mighty Huddersfield while taking a point off Liverpool away and Spurs at home?

The bottom 5 make up a quarter of the league. It's November. Using beating these teams convincingly as a stick to beat a team with is bizarre considering it was drawing these games that cost them last season.

Unless he plays the top6 :pac:

Take Pep out of it and he probably has more than the top six combined so .....
    Not 100% but i'm pretty certain he has more than Pep although i'm up for correction on that

Advertisement