Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef: The Professionals 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That fella who develops cheesecakes for a supermarket I reckon is one to watch!

(have to see if he pulls it off, mind you!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That fella who develops cheesecakes for a supermarket I reckon is one to watch!

(have to see if he pulls it off, mind you!)
    Agree! Seems very confident.

Jesus, the Brazilian guy got the shakes pretty bad :eek:

He's making me rattle here!

Jaysus Marcus, tell that poor young fella what you really think, why don't you.....

There was little or no hope he'd get through after that faux pas. They couldn't risk it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Really high standard tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Really high standard tonight.

Yep...these last 4 are very good..I love the critics table !

And my three favourite judges...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I thought Stephen last week was excellent but these guys are too

Anyone watching tonight? Six more chefs. Some outstanding chefs. The skills test was sheeps' sweetbreads. One guy, Matt, had the best ever skills test and the best ever followup dish that the judges had ever experienced on Master Chef. Most of them were cooking things in three different ways. Really for the Professionals!

Another quarter-final tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

He is really talented, considering his age and the fact that he is a private chef. Marcus said it was the best signature dish ever in masterchef. You just knew the girl was going to go, when she said I like to serve salty food........

It must have been extremely salty, when Monica actually gagged at the taste and refused to eat it.

Matt is amazing. Apart from his obvious talent and originality, he is so cool. No sign of pressure or being flustered. Headed to be overall winner, by the looks of it!

Really wanted the slightly sick looking lad from Liverpool to do well.

And poor Tasso.... Really wanted to see what was coming next from him.

Are contestants allowed to re enter the following year.... Would be great to see how people improve across twelve months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Yeah I agree with Tasso - if he had nailed the cheesecake I think he would have cooked up a storm in the critics round. Was devastated for him.

I agree Matt seems the likely winner so far, but everything can change in knock out week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Looking forward to the next few weeks, we'll see the cream rising to the top and hopefully it won't be a foregone conclusion as who is the obvious winner.

Very impressed with young Louisa..... she seems very quietly determined, and incredibly talented.

Looking forward to seeing more of the eye candy that is Matt :D

Don't think I've ever seen a team of pros or amateurs work together like they did tonight.... or a round of plates as flawless as they all threw up in the second half - I'm just glad it wasn't me trying to judge it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Have to say at the start of the episode I really didn't think she should have been in the top 10. Eating my words Now!

I'm hoping Louisa and Matt will be there to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That was a tough judging tonight. No one deserved to go home.

I can’t help but think...what if tomorrow’s team are pants? Would they get rid of two and bring James back? Have they ever done that kind of thing before?

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    That was a tough judging tonight. No one deserved to go home.

I can’t help but think...what if tomorrow’s team are pants? Would they get rid of two and bring James back? Have they ever done that kind of thing before?
    Exactly that thought occurred to me! I really thought this would be one of the nights where they said "You're all going through"!

It's hard to imagine as good a round tomorrow evening, and if more than one of them fecks it up it'll have been very rough luck on James.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Last night's show stopper round was no where as good as the previous night. Really feeling for James now

It's one of the failings of the show that they don't judge the ten against each other rather than splitting it in to two groups of five

It's one of my only criticisms of the programme. Well, that and having Gregg as a judge.

zoobizoo wrote: »
    It's one of the failings of the show that they don't judge the ten against each other rather than splitting it in to two groups of five

It's one of my only criticisms of the programme. Well, that and having Gregg as a judge.

Ah! Don't be too hard on Gregg. There's a bit of the "Everyman" about him, IMO. :D

Jeepers, Matt is away out there with the fairies!!! :eek:

That round was so far below the previous night's in standard it's not funny. If I were the fella who was kicked off (whose name escapes me), I'd be severely pissed off.

My top three now, from the remaining eight, are Matt, Louisa and Craig. Matt, IMO, is totally amazing. I love the idea of attempting to get popular flavours by using alternative, healthier options. Making a sugar-free dessert can be quite challenging.

Who's in tonight?

Have to say I'm rooting for the young'uns, esp Louisa as the last girl standing (from quite some time back!)

There's an awful lot of dead relatives inspiring tonight's dishes :eek:

Oh Christ, I SOOOOOOOOOO want that fish'n'chips!!!!!!

(and Stephen definitely wins the smiliest contestant contest, hands down :D)

• Advertisement

Oh Louisa :eek:

Advertisement